Hello,

I would like to test USB feature of the 18F4550 and would like to use example from Microchip written in C18. But as I would like to continue to use BoostC, I would like to know If some one as already try to translate the C18 code to BoostC ?

Is that a lot of work ?

Thanks you for your reply,

Jean-Marie

I would like to test USB feature of the 18F4550 and would like to use example from Microchip written in C18. But as I would like to continue to use BoostC, I would like to know If some one as already try to translate the C18 code to BoostC ?

Is that a lot of work ?

Apparently it is quite a bit of work, and generally non one is really impressed by Microchips USB code (based on what others have said, I personally have no experience of it) and you will be tied into their license agreenent for the code.

Some users have written their own USB code which you can find here:

http://embeddedadventures.blogspot.com/

Regards

Dave

Hello,

Is that a lot of work ?

Thanks you for your reply,

Jean-Marie

Hi JM,

Right now i have in hands a project that should be finish in 2..3 weeks.

After that i will start one that include something like your job but with different pic18, that i think is irrelevant in this case.

When the time comes, i'm interested in talking about it with you and post here doubts that eventually appear.

Meanwhile, can you please place in this forum the application mentioned microchip url?

P.S. Take a look to: http://forum.sourceboost.com/index.php?showtopic=4133

As i can see all it works.

Regards,

joli

Edited by joli