Sign in to follow this  
joli

Preprocessor Question

#define CNTADDR			 0x0120	  // First address in the Bank 2
#define CNTSIZE			 0x0012	  // 18 decimal

uchar   counters[CNTSIZE]   @CNTADDR;
uchar   countix			 @CNTADDR + CNTSIZE;

In the code above, why preprocessor can't resolve "countix" address and compiler give me a general error on this last line?

Why it happens one time compiler know what address should apply to the counters[CNTSIZE] and unknow a simple CNTADDR + CNTSIZE address calculation to apply for the countix variable?

Regards.

#define CNTADDR			 0x0120	  // First address in the Bank 2
#define CNTSIZE			 0x0012	  // 18 decimal

uchar   counters[CNTSIZE]   @CNTADDR;
uchar   countix			 @CNTADDR + CNTSIZE;

In the code above, why preprocessor can't resolve "countix" address and compiler give me a general error on this last line?

Why it happens one time compiler know what address should apply to the counters[CNTSIZE] and unknow a simple CNTADDR + CNTSIZE address calculation to apply for the countix variable?

Regards.

Nobody's of sourceboost has an answer?

This is a situation to be resolved in an next release? eg. v6.98?

Or the question rised is meaningless?

Regards,

Joli

Preprocessor does not evaluate any expressions. It's job if to process include files, handle ifdef logic and do macro substitutions. All calculations are done by compiler. In this case compiler was written so that it does not handle expressions in fixed address part of declarations. We added this to our todo list for v7. For now please don't use expressions in the fixed address part in declarations.

Regards,

Pavel

Preprocessor does not evaluate any expressions. It's job if to process include files, handle ifdef logic and do macro substitutions. All calculations are done by compiler. In this case compiler was written so that it does not handle expressions in fixed address part of declarations. We added this to our todo list for v7. For now please don't use expressions in the fixed address part in declarations.

Regards,

Pavel

Thank you for clarifying.

I hope that this will be included in V.7.

Regards,

Joli