Sign in to follow this  
joli

Mplab Integration Doesn't Work

After read all forum posts i can see about this subject, is no way to get this working.

In the Boostc Manual exists a reference about it that says, to integrate BoostC within Mplab, just copy all those mtc and ini files to the c:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Core\MTC Suites, which path is my case by default and is done.

I tried it several times and i haven't Boostc in the MPLAB -> Set Language Tool Locations Menu/Window.

The same thing on MPLAB -> Select Language Toolsuite.

Can anybody explain me what kind of sorcery is that?

Regards,

Joli

After read all forum posts i can see about this subject, is no way to get this working.

In the Boostc Manual exists a reference about it that says, to integrate BoostC within Mplab, just copy all those mtc and ini files to the c:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Core\MTC Suites, which path is my case by default and is done.

I tried it several times and i haven't Boostc in the MPLAB -> Set Language Tool Locations Menu/Window.

You need to use the MPLAB integration button that appears during the SourceBoost installation, copying the files alone is not enough.

Regards

Dave

You need to use the MPLAB integration button that appears during the SourceBoost installation, copying the files alone is not enough.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

What you suggest doesn't work.

After reinstall BoostC, i realized that no file (mtc/ini) was copied to C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Core\MTC Suites.

I'm surprised it does not work because i saw users in this forum who have it work and more because this should be a basic procedure.

By the way, i hope not to lose BoostC registration license after reinstallation, i forget to see it.

Windows XP PRO SP3

BoostC V6.96 - Full Licence

Mplab V8.50

What i'm doing wrong?

Can i download and install BoostC V6.97 over the old version without losing license registration?

Exists any manual procedure to do it even at Registry level?

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli

Can anybody explain me what kind of sorcery is that?

Regards,

Joli

It's so much easier than what you're doing here. First install MPLAB. Then install Sourceboost and hit the integrate button. That's it. The Integrate button is kind of in an odd place, in the upper right corner.

Edited by danmc77

It's so much easier than what you're doing here. First install MPLAB. Then install Sourceboost and hit the integrate button. That's it. The Integrate button is kind of in an odd place, in the upper right corner.

Nope, it doesn't work properly. I recently did a fresh install of MPLAB and BoostC on a new machine and did press the integrate button. The BoostC toolkits appeared in MPLAB but all the paths were blank and had to be setup manually.

Mike.

Edited by Pommie

Nope, it doesn't work properly. I recently did a fresh install of MPLAB and BoostC on a new machine and did press the integrate button. The BoostC toolkits appeared in MPLAB but all the paths were blank and had to be setup manually.

I had exactly this issue with the latest MPLAB and SourceBoost on a clean XP install. Was not too hard to fix, but didn't work quite out of the box.

Mike,

Unfortunately the paths do have to be set manually. Thats just the way it is, so you have done exactly what is needed.

Regards

Dave

Unfortunately, when I installed BoostC today on a clean XP SP3 system the Tool Suite installation step failed with an error. BoostC was not listed as a registered tool. I forgot what the error was exactly but the system is set up for repeated 'clean restores' with Acronis disk imaging. I can restore the system and repeat the error and post it. There appears to be a problem with MPLAB v8.50 and BoostC integration.

Lou,

I can restore the system and repeat the error and post it.
Please do this, any additional details and repeatability will help us to understand the problem.

Regards

Dave

Repeated reloading of the OS and then trial installations of MPLAB v8.50 and SourceBoost v6.96 failed to show any integration problems. Integration functioned as expected except for the absence of the executable's paths.