Sign in to follow this  
joli

Workspace / Browse: Functions List

Before anything thanks to the Sourceboost for answer me the questions i have post until now.

As you certainly understand, the user can only evaluate a tool conveniently, after trying to do anything likely a real application with a several thousands of code lines and using the chip close to the limits in terms of physical resources, pseudo multitasking, communications, lcd and so on, that is the case with me at the moment.

So, back to the question:

The function list showed in the Workspace/Browse>Functions, not list the functions outside of myproj.c file.

I mean! imagine i have a project named myproj.c with more two files: myproj.h and mylcd.c where, mylcd.c have InitLcd() and PrintString() functions.

At first glance I expected to see these functions (InitLcd and PrintString) in the list, but not.

Then i declared the prototypes explicitly waiting to see them listed, but no again.

This assumes some relevance when we have several files with thousands of lines.

This is really so or is there a specific procedure?

Regards,

Joli

Before anything thanks to the Sourceboost for answer me the questions i have post until now.

As you certainly understand, the user can only evaluate a tool conveniently, after trying to do anything likely a real application with a several thousands of code lines and using the chip close to the limits in terms of physical resources, pseudo multitasking, communications, lcd and so on, that is the case with me at the moment.

So, back to the question:

The function list showed in the Workspace/Browse>Functions, not list the functions outside of myproj.c file.

I mean! imagine i have a project named myproj.c with more two files: myproj.h and mylcd.c where, mylcd.c have InitLcd() and PrintString() functions.

At first glance I expected to see these functions (InitLcd and PrintString) in the list, but not.

Then i declared the prototypes explicitly waiting to see them listed, but no again.

This assumes some relevance when we have several files with thousands of lines.

This is really so or is there a specific procedure?

Regards,

Joli

Joli,

Make sure that you have added the required files to the project. Only *.c files are actually required. If they are not listed under workspace/files then the functions will not appear under workspace/browse. Having said that, the project will not link if they are missing.

Also under workspace/browse try using group by file.

I have several projects each with a large number of files (20+) and have never noticed any functions missing from the list.

Regards

davidb