Sign in to follow this  
ThunderSqueak

Programmer Command Line

I looked in the documentation for boost IDE and found "examples" but no real explanation for things like %target% and %name% etc, can this be explained better ? Also can the automatic addition of the filename to the end of the file be removed? The pickit 3 cannot have a space after the /F switch for it to work properly.

From a previous post

For a PICkit 2 I use:
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROC~1\PK2CMD\pk2cmd.exe /BC:\PROGRA~1\MICROC~1\PK2CMD\ /P%target% /R /T /M /F

See this old post for an explanation.

Try

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Programmer Utilities\PICkit3\pk3cmd" /P%target% /M /F

ok this one actually worked

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Programmer Utilities\PICkit3\pk3cmd" /P%shorttarget% /V3.250 /M /F%name%.hex

it adds the name of the hex file again after the name, apparently you cannot have a space after the switches for it to work.

Programming...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Programmer Utilities\PICkit3\pk3cmd" /P18F45K20 /V3.250 /M /Fblink_pic45k20.hex blink_pic45k20.hex

Connecting... 
PICkit 3 detected 
Connecting to PICkit 3... 
Firmware Suite Version...... 01.26.05 
Firmware type......................PIC18F 
PICkit 3 Connected. 
Device ID Revision = 00000011 

Programming Device ...
Programming/Verify complete 
Done

I tested the code, seems to work, I might recomend however that the automatic addition of the file name to the end of the command line be dropped as it can always be done with %name% instead. The space after /F causes it to exit with "no input file" errors.

Thanks again ;)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this