mityeltu

Simple Usb... I Need Help

I'm not new to pic programming, but I *am* new to USB programming. I have looked all over the place for a simple usb interface that will allow me to communicate with the pc using pic18f4553. I have found some snippets of code, but they won't compile or won't run.

I have no real understanding of how to make this thing work with a PIC. Is there anyone eho has a very simple listing that will compile and run? I can't even get the computer to realize that a device has been connected.

Just so you know, I have sourceboostC, but I am currently working with mikrobasic. I am certain I can port it over, but so far I have no idea what I'm doing. USB is very confusing to me. Can somone please help me?

I'm not new to pic programming, but I *am* new to USB programming. I have looked all over the place for a simple usb interface that will allow me to communicate with the pc using pic18f4553. I have found some snippets of code, but they won't compile or won't run.

I have no real understanding of how to make this thing work with a PIC. Is there anyone eho has a very simple listing that will compile and run? I can't even get the computer to realize that a device has been connected.

Just so you know, I have sourceboostC, but I am currently working with mikrobasic. I am certain I can port it over, but so far I have no idea what I'm doing. USB is very confusing to me. Can somone please help me?

Hi,

for all those who find USB difficult can try a simpler way of implimenting USB in ur PIC projects.

http://tracesystemsinc.com/all-usb-product...ucts-alias.html

Dave & Pavel, it will be nice if BoostC can be integrated in HID maker.

Regards

Raghunathan.P

Raghunathan,

I would be very happy to work with you on integrating HID maker, at least, if what you mean by that is producing SourceBoost C as opposed to Microchip C code. It looks like a very neat tool. We have a USB stack up and running in SourceBoost C and will be doing some development work on that over the next few weeks.

cheers

Ian.

Hi,

for all those who find USB difficult can try a simpler way of implimenting USB in ur PIC projects.

http://tracesystemsinc.com/all-usb-product...ucts-alias.html

Dave & Pavel, it will be nice if BoostC can be integrated in HID maker.

Regards

Raghunathan.P

Ian,

That sounds great, yes. I would love to be able tp generate the Sourceboost C code. I could easily (I think) port it over to mikrobasic (I hate this platform, but it's what my boss wants me to use). All I really need is the USBdsc file.... This is really way over my head... I'm a power engineer, not controls or programmer. I have to wera alot of hats around here.

Tell me what you need me to do.

Thanks.

Raghunathan,

I would be very happy to work with you on integrating HID maker, at least, if what you mean by that is producing SourceBoost C as opposed to Microchip C code. It looks like a very neat tool. We have a USB stack up and running in SourceBoost C and will be doing some development work on that over the next few weeks.

cheers

Ian.

Long time ago I had asked Dr.Bob(Robert Miller) of Trace Systems if they could integrate BoostC compiler. I think Pavel & Dave should decide on this.

HIDMAKER32 is shortly expected & they will support most USB microcontrollers from the 8bit to 32bit device.

Regards

Raghunathan.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.