Sign in to follow this  
TimC

External Editor Brought Up In Ide V7.0

Hi,

Is there a way to stop the new V7.0 IDE from bringing up my external editor when I click on a file in the workspace view? The V6.97 IDE does not do this. I have *.c and *.h files associated with ultraedit for many years and has not caused problems with my other IDE/compilers.

Thanks

TimC

Is there a way to stop the new V7.0 IDE from bringing up my external editor when I click on a file in the workspace view? The V6.97 IDE does not do this. I have *.c and *.h files associated with ultraedit for many years and has not caused problems with my other IDE/compilers.

Does this happen when you double click on a file that is in the project panel? When this happens IDE checks if there is a program associated with the extension of this file. If there is one it will be used to open this file. For example one can have a pdf file to be included into a project and if user double clicks on this file IDE will launch file associated with the pdf extension (that is usually Adobe PDF Reader) Some of extensions like *.c or *.h should not be handled in this way and should be opened inside the IDE but it sounds like it does not happen in your case. We'll investigate. Meanwhile either use File->Open menu to open files or temporarily delete your current *.c and *.h associations.

Regards,

Pavel

Same problem occurring here.

Every time I click on a .c file the IDE brings up notepad.

What is even more annoying is it brings up notepad when ever I click on any item in the browse window thus making the browse window virtually unusable.

We investigated the problem and found bug in the IDE where filters that were supposed to force IDE to open files with pre-defined extensions (like .c or .h) were broken. This problem has been fixed and fix will be available in the next SourceBoost release. Meanwhile please download IDE patch from the link below and place it into your SourceBoost installation directory (it will overwrite the original IDE.exe file). Let us know if it works for you. (This link will become invalid when the next release after v7.0 is out)

http://www.sourceboost.com/CommonDownload/Fixes/IDE.exe

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this