Sign in to follow this  
ChronoFish

Still Issues with Logic Analyzer

I must admit that I was a bit put off that there were no response to my last post - not even - "You're an idiot why not try rebooting" or something like that.

The logic analyzer does not seem to fail now (I have actually rebooted - I have no clue if that helped or not)... However there are still two issues.

1.  If I start the Logic Analyzer and then go in to debug mode, the logic analyzer is replaced by the EEPROM block.

2.  The "follow" function does not seem to work.  If I click on "reset" the line levels change correctly, but this doesn't happen in real-time.  Shouldn't it?

Is anyone else seeing these issues?

Thanks!

CF

Guest Dave

CF,

Regarding 1.

Edit mode (were you edit your source compile/assemble the project) and Debugger mode idependantly record the windows and plugs you have open. This is why when you go into debugger the windows that are displayed change :;):

Regards

Dave

Guest Pavel
I must admit that I was a bit put off that there were no response to my last post - not even - "You're an idiot why not try rebooting" or something like that.

We don't reply on all postings into this forum but the fact that yours appeared on the forum means that it was read and approved.

The logic analyzer does not seem to fail now (I have actually rebooted - I have no clue if that helped or not)... However there are still two issues.

1.  If I start the Logic Analyzer and then go in to debug mode, the logic analyzer is replaced by the EEPROM block.

From PicantIDE user's manual:

The PicAntIDE may work in two modes:

Edit mode when the project gets edited.  

Debug mode that starts when a debug session is started.  

The windows that can be displayed and the layout of the windows is different for these modes.

Does this answer your question?

2.  The "follow" function does not seem to work.  If I click on "reset" the line levels change correctly, but this doesn't happen in real-time.  Shouldn't it?

The follow option works for me. It doesn't do anything with levels but just makes plugin move start is the current PC position moves out of screen.

Regards,

Pavel

Guest ChronoFish
CF,

Regarding 1.

Edit mode (were you edit your source compile/assemble the project) and Debugger mode idependantly record the windows and plugs you have open. This is why when you go into debugger the windows that are displayed change :;):

Regards

Dave

Okay that makes sense.  Thanks!

CF ;)