Sign in to follow this  
B. vd Veen

Sourceboost 7.01 Crashes On Startup

Today my Sourceboost 7.01 IDE would not start.

Sometimes, it crashes without any warning. Sometimes i get a "SourceBoost IDE MFC Application has stopped working" popup.

Until today it worked perfectly.

I have attached the Windows eventlog to this topic.

It seems a file cannot be found.

After installing the previous 6.x version the IDE starts, but after installing 7 it crashes again.

I have tried to remove the installation and folder and reinstalling it. That did not help.

Does anybody have a clue where this error comes from, and how i can fix it?

Or is there a debug commandline option to give a better log so i can find out what is wrong?

I am running a 64-bit Windows 7 installation on an AMD system.

Update

Today i have made a ProcessMonitor (procmon) log of the starting and crashing of SouceBoost IDE. I hope it will help in finding the solution.

The log is attached zipped in native ProcessMonitor format , CSV and XML.

Eventlog.txt

ProcessMonitor_logs.zip

Edited by B. vd Veen

Today my Sourceboost 7.01 IDE would not start.

Sometimes, it crashes without any warning. Sometimes i get a "SourceBoost IDE MFC Application has stopped working" popup.

Until today it worked perfectly.

Hope you got it working, but the first thing I'd do is run chkdsk on the drive. If the drive is fine, I'd suspect interference from an antivirus or other security software.

...After installing the previous 6.x version the IDE starts, but after installing 7 it crashes again.

I have tried to remove the installation and folder and reinstalling it. That did not help...

Because SourceBoost generates some files and registry data not all will be removed when you uninstall it (this is not something SourceBoost specific but the way how windows uninstall works, uninstall removes only what was created during installation but not what was created after) To start absolutely fresh, uninstall SourceBoost and than delete it's installation directory and SourceBoostIDE registry entries that can be found in HKCU/Software and HKLM/SOFTWARE. After this install SourceBoost back and if you still have same crashes they must be caused by some external programs or something else present in your system.

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this