chief

Just Installed V7.03, Debug Can't Load .cof File

Hi,

I just uninstalled v7.02, installed v7.03 and v7.03 plug-ins and re-registered everything. I cleaned and rebuilt my project and it compiles fine, but I get the following error when I try to go into debug mode:

Debugging...

Can't load file 'SB Project4a\Debug\PJ4a.cof'

The PJ4a.cof file is in the debug folder, was updated with the last build, and is about 60kB. Any suggestions besides going back to v7.02? Has anyone else seen this?

BTW, is the installer smart enough to upgrade, or is it better to uninstall/reinstall as I did?

Brian

Hi,

I just uninstalled v7.02, installed v7.03 and v7.03 plug-ins and re-registered everything. I cleaned and rebuilt my project and it compiles fine, but I get the following error when I try to go into debug mode:

Debugging...

The PJ4a.cof file is in the debug folder, was updated with the last build, and is about 60kB. Any suggestions besides going back to v7.02? Has anyone else seen this?

I have not.

If you could zip up and post a project demonstrating the issue we can investigate further.

BTW, is the installer smart enough to upgrade, or is it better to uninstall/reinstall as I did?
The installer leaves old version in place if you install in a new folder - old and new versions can co-exist. If you install in the same folder then the installer overwrites the older files.

The "cleanest" approach is to uninstall the old version first and install the new version in a folder with the same name as the old version. Then any existing projects will use the newer compiler without any changes.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

Debugging...

I have not.

If you could zip up and post a project demonstrating the issue we can investigate further.

The installer leaves old version in place if you install in a new folder - old and new versions can co-exist. If you install in the same folder then the installer overwrites the older files.

The "cleanest" approach is to uninstall the old version first and install the new version in a folder with the same name as the old version. Then any existing projects will use the newer compiler without any changes.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

The same project was working w/ v7.02 just before I upgraded to v7.03. I also tried the adc sample project and got the same error when trying to go into debug. I'll try uninstall-delete any remaining files-reboot-install and see what happens.

Brian

Hi,

Debugging...

I have not.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

The same project was working w/ v7.02 just before I upgraded to v7.03. I also tried the adc sample project and got the same error when trying to go into debug. I'll try uninstall-delete any remaining files-reboot-install and see what happens.

Brian

I tried the uninstall-delete any remaining files-reboot-install v7.03 and got the same results - my project builds fine, but when I try to debug, it says it can't load the .cof file. I also found that the goodies library files didn't unpack to the libc and novo directories, even though all indications are that the goodies registration worked fine.

I uninstalled again, reinstalled v7.02, plug-ins and goodies, and everything works as it did before I installed v7.03 - the goodies files are there and debug works as it did before.

Really - nobody else encountered this?

Brian

Hi Brian,

I agree with you on this one.

The problem seems to be that there are no files displayed in the code window.

This problem occurs when you first open the IDE and the last workspace is opened but no code window data.

If you try to open a workspace using the MRU list you also get no code window files.

If you use the Open Workspace and browse to the required workspace and open all is well.

My Goodies files did not seem to get updated either.

Cheers

Reynard

Found the Goodies files: They are put into your My Documents folder.

Cheers

Reynard

"Hi Brian,

I agree with you on this one.

The problem seems to be that there are no files displayed in the code window.

This problem occurs when you first open the IDE and the last workspace is opened but no code window data.

If you try to open a workspace using the MRU list you also get no code window files.

If you use the Open Workspace and browse to the required workspace and open all is well.

My Goodies files did not seem to get updated either.

Cheers

Reynard"

Hi Reynard,

Are you saying that you had the problem I described, where I'm working on my project in v7.03, I build it, it builds fine, then I hit the debug button and get the message "debug can't open project.cof file"? What you're describing sounds different, like your workspace doesn't open initially. my problem also happens with the adc sample project, so it's not my project that's causing it. And now that I'm back to v7.02, everything works as it did before with v7.02 with the same code.

Regards,

Brian

Are you saying that you had the problem I described, where I'm working on my project in v7.03, I build it, it builds fine, then I hit the debug button and get the message "debug can't open project.cof file"? What you're describing sounds different, like your workspace doesn't open initially. my problem also happens with the adc sample project, so it's not my project that's causing it. And now that I'm back to v7.02, everything works as it did before with v7.02 with the same code.

Please zip all files in your project directory and send it along with a note that mentions full path to this project location to support@sourceboost.com We'll try to reproduce the problem. Next thing to do is to move your project to a location that does not have spaces in the path. If this does not help you need to re-create project by first creating an empty project, copying source files from the original project to the new project directory and adding them to the new project.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Brian,

I also get the "debug can't open project.cof file" due to there being nothing in the code window (and tabs) except "No listing file exists for current project".

If I then proceed to open the same workspace using "Workspace - Open Workspace" menu, the workspace reloads and fills in the code window and all tabs (Assembly-Call Tree-Function Info) then debug works OK.

Spaces in file paths or names work with this method.

I will stick with 7.03 and open my workspaces using the menu system.

Cheers

Reynard

Please zip all files in your project directory and send it along with a note that mentions full path to this project location to support@sourceboost.com We'll try to reproduce the problem. Next thing to do is to move your project to a location that does not have spaces in the path. If this does not help you need to re-create project by first creating an empty project, copying source files from the original project to the new project directory and adding them to the new project.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I just sent a zip of the adc test project, which demonstrates the problem, to support. I did have a space in the path, and I removed it, rebuilt the project from the source code, and the problem is still there. Hopefully you will see the problem.

Regards,

Brian

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I just sent a zip of the adc test project, which demonstrates the problem, to support. I did have a space in the path, and I removed it, rebuilt the project from the source code, and the problem is still there. Hopefully you will see the problem.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks Pavel, for looking into this for me. I didn't send the .__w workspace file because it lives in the next higher level directory. You opened the .__c file as a standalone project and it worked for you. I did the same and it works for me also. I tried making a new workspace and adding the project, and the same problem occurs. Maybe it wants to see the project file in the same directory as the workspace file? Whatever it is, v7.02 worked fine with the way I have things set up. Anyway, I need to move on with my project, so thank you for helping me find a workaround - I'll work with it as a standalone project till I have time to try a few things.

Best Regards,

Brian

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.