Sign in to follow this  
TomF

Editor (find And Find/replace Dialog)

Hi Guys,

The find dialog doesnt work correctly - here are a few bugs ive found with it:

If the code is closed (e.g. just the function name showing in the editor), the find doesnt scroll the window to the found text.

The "match at word start" does nothing. If i search for g_ it matches debug_text and g_variable.

Find/replace, 'Find Next': when clicking find next, the operation doesnt scroll the window to the text it is highlighting, which means i cant see what it is highlighting? This is probably related to the code closed issue, above.

Wanted:

Find in files: Can the default find location be the current project please? That would be useful.

Also, can there be a filter for *.c and *.h files? This would also be nice when adding files to project, e.g. add *.c or *.h files, rather than having to uses *.* and seach for the file.

Thanks.

Edited by TomF

BUMP! :rolleyes:

Any chance of an acknowledgement and a timeframe to fix the find issues? I was hoping that it would have been done in V7.03 :rolleyes:

I use Find (F3) and coded folding all the time, and the 2 features just do not work together. Its extreamly anoying having to open a source code file into textpad to do find operations because in SB if any functions in the file your searching within is folded, the find fails, and there is no "unfold all" option that i can find.

...Any chance of an acknowledgement and a timeframe to fix the find issues? I was hoping that it would have been done V7.03...

Yes we'll try to fix this by the next release.

Regards,

Pavel

bump bump BUMP !

I reported this in 2011, its now 2 years later, and find STILL DOES NOT WORK when code is folded.

This is a fundamental feature of any editor. Any chance of fixing this? ever???

If the code is closed (e.g. just the function name showing in the editor), the find doesnt scroll the window to the found text.

I can't reproduce this one. Find next always scrolls to the next match even if it's inside a folded section (the section gets unfolded)

The "match at word start" does nothing. If i search for g_ it matches debug_text and g_variable.

This one has been fixed and will be available in 7.11 (not rc1 but whatever comes next)

Find/replace, 'Find Next': when clicking find next, the operation doesnt scroll the window to the text it is highlighting, which means i cant see what it is highlighting? This is probably related to the code closed issue, above.

As mentioned above I can't reproduce this. Scroll always works for me.

Wanted:

Find in files: Can the default find location be the current project please? That would be useful.

The current directory in find/replace dialog is remembered between searches. So what is selected is what was used in the last find/replace operation. To navigate to project directory there is a dedicated button next to the location field (the one with dot in it).

Also, can there be a filter for *.c and *.h files? This would also be nice when adding files to project, e.g. add *.c or *.h files, rather than having to uses *.* and seach for the file.

Just type *.c or *.c;*.h into the search filter field.

... there is no "unfold all" option that i can find...

Click on the folding margin with Shift and Crtl pressed. This will fold or unfold all (as stated in users manual on page 26).

Regards,

Pavel