TFcroft4

Unresolved External Function

I have copied ( and possibly corrupted) a Novo project and am getting the following linker error. I think I have misplaced something! Any guidance would be welcomed.

Thank

Ted

Error: Unresolved external function:'SysiWaitSemaphore(unsigned char,unsigned short)'

Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:SysiWaitSemaphore

Error: Unresolved external function:'SysiWaitSemaphore(unsigned char,unsigned short)'

TCroft4,

I have copied ( and possibly corrupted) a Novo project and am getting the following linker error. I think I have misplaced something! Any guidance would be welcomed.

Thank

Ted

Are you building a custom version of the library or linking in a supplied version?

Ether way this error means that linked can't find this function.

Regards

Dave

TCroft4,

Thank

Ted

Are you building a custom version of the library or linking in a supplied version?

Regards

Dave

I am using a supplied version - novolib_pic16t3e5ts1.lib - which is in c:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib

TCroft4,

Thank

Ted

Regards

Dave

I am using a supplied version - novolib_pic16t3e5ts1.lib - which is in c:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib

I have solved this problem by using the Wizard to build a basic project and then imported my source code. I don't understand how the link to the library was lost though.

Hi Ted,

It seems like you have not included the Novo library into the workspace.

Do a right click on the project in the workspace window and select "Add file(s) to project 'xyz'". Browse to the required directory containing the Novo lib you want to use then select the Open button. This should add the library to your project among the .c source files. The linker should then find the library to resolve the external symbols/funtions.

The Wizard would have done this and added the novolib_xxxxx.lib to the project.

Cheers

Reynard

Hi Ted,

It seems like you have not included the Novo library into the workspace.

Do a right click on the project in the workspace window and select "Add file(s) to project 'xyz'". Browse to the required directory containing the Novo lib you want to use then select the Open button. This should add the library to your project among the .c source files. The linker should then find the library to resolve the external symbols/funtions.

The Wizard would have done this and added the novolib_xxxxx.lib to the project.

Cheers

Reynard

OK - thanks. Using the Wizard helped although still not sure how I lost the 'connection' in the first place. Hey ho!

Ted

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.