tom 2007

Unresolved External Function:'strncpy16...'

Hello,

For my project I need to be able to use large arrays (512 bytes). So i'm trying to compile it with -idx 2 option but i always get 2 unresolved external functions:

"D:\program files\SourceBoost\boostlink_pic.exe"  -idx 2  /ld "D:\program files\SourceBoost\lib\large" libc.pic18.lib
Error: Unresolved external function:'strncpy16(unsigned char*,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external function:'strncpy16(unsigned char*,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external function:'strncmp16(unsigned char*,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external function:'strncmp16(unsigned char*,unsigned char*,unsigned char)'
Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:strncpy16
Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:strncmp16
1> 1> BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 7.04

I'm compiling from the IDE and have checked 'memory model: large' in settings->options menu.

Looking further, I am not convinced that any of the strnxxx() functions exist in the large library !

Cheers

Reynard

yes i've included string.h

Does it mean that i have to create strncpy function myself if it isn't in the library? How can you check which functions are in a .lib file?

Hi Tom,

I tried all the strnxxx functions and they all came up unresolved.

I think Dave and Pavel will have to give us a clue here.

Cheers

Reynard

tom 2007,

Hello,

For my project I need to be able to use large arrays (512 bytes). So i'm trying to compile it with -idx 2 option but i always get 2 unresolved external functions:

"D:\program files\SourceBoost\boostlink_pic.exe"  -idx 2  /ld "D:\program files\SourceBoost\lib\large" libc.pic18.lib
Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:strncpy16
Error: Unresolved external symbol, function:strncmp16
1> 1> BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 7.04

I'm compiling from the IDE and have checked 'memory model: large' in settings->options menu.

This one had me scratching my head for a while. The problem is in the string.h header file, size_type was not used in a few places it should have been.

Attached is a corrected version of this file.

Regards

Dave

string.zip

that explains why the 3th argument is unsigned char and not unsigned int ;)

Error seems to be fixed now, thanks dave

Edited by tom 2007

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.