tom 2007

'save All' Button Makes Ide Crash

I've noticed that sometimes when clicking the 'save all' button the IDE crashed (very annoying because then you lose all changes :rolleyes: )

In attachment there are screenshots of where the error occurred (using Visual Studio as a debugger).

post-3739-0-56736400-1321110675_thumb.png

post-3739-0-02175100-1321110799_thumb.png

I've noticed that sometimes when clicking the 'save all' button the IDE crashed (very annoying because then you lose all changes :rolleyes: )

I could not reproduce the problem. Does this crash happen every time you save all on your computer? Does it happen with one particular project only? What is your OS? Are you logged in as admin or a user? Are files that you try to save from the open project? Any other info that may help?

Regards,

Pavel

So far i've only noticed it with one project. The major problem is that it seems to happen "at random".

Another problem is that sometimes the toolbar icons suddenly disappear and programming code starts displaying and flickering all over my screen :wacko: But again it rather seems to happen at random and I'm afraid it is very difficult to reproduce :( .

So far i've only noticed it with one project. The major problem is that it seems to happen "at random".

Another problem is that sometimes the toolbar icons suddenly disappear and programming code starts displaying and flickering all over my screen :wacko: But again it rather seems to happen at random and I'm afraid it is very difficult to reproduce :( .

You are right, if it happens "at random" it will be difficult to investigate and fix. All these sound like there may be shortage of resources or memory. How much ram does your computer have? How long has the IDE being run before these problems appear?

Just had another thought. Our IDE uses a very old release of the third party editor. Try to use later version of this editor. To do this download "full download of Windows executables" from http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html and extract file called SciLexer.dll into the SourceBoost installation directory (this will replace the SciLexer.dll file that comes with SourceBoost installation). Let us know if this makes any difference. I just tried this and all seems to work well.

Regards,

Pavel