sakis.panou@qlogica.com

Mplab 8.80.00 + Boostc 7.04 Paths Issue

Hi All,

Thanks for reading this.

I have the followign directory structure:

\project

\build

\src

In my src directory I got all my source files. In the build directory I got the MPLAB workspace, project etc. When try to build the project I get an error telling me that it can't find the first compilation unit in the src directory, error.c [yes I do get the irony ;)], I have tried adding the files to the project both by relative path and absolute path, it makes no difference. If I put all the source files and the project/workspace files in one flat directory everything works.

Here is the output from the build tab:

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.

Clean: Done.

Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceBoost\boostc_pic18.exe" error.c -O1 -W1 -t 18F2550 -dBUILD_PIC

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 7.04 (for PIC18 architecture)

Copyright© 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2011 David Hobday

Licensed to xxx xxxx under Single user Full License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC18 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited, Non commercial use only

error.c

FATAL: Unable to open input file: error.c

failure

BUILD FAILED: Wed Jan 11 10:33:14 2012

Questions:

1. Is there a verbose mode in the IDE to see exactly how the compiler is getting called? The reason for asking this is that I have tried calling the compiler with the absolute path to the source file and it works from the command line, I have also tried relative paths from the command line and it still works.
  2. Has anyone else come accross this one and perhaps would be kind enough to share some thoughts?

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,

Sakis

Pavel    0
  1. Is there a verbose mode in the IDE to see exactly how the compiler is getting called? The reason for asking this is that I have tried calling the compiler with the absolute path to the source file and it works from the command line, I have also tried relative paths from the command line and it still works.

Use the "Build" command from the IDE. This will generate a makefile in your project directory. This makefile contains full command lines for both compiler and linker.

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this