Glennon

Matrix Ecio40P: Application Not Saved In Memory

I wrote an application in BoostC for the Matrix ECIO40P (PIC 18F4455). After downloading via the Matrix programmer, the application runs fine. But when I removed the USB power to the ECIO40P, and

reapplied the power after about 5 secs, the program on the ECIO40P started to run, but the application does not work anymore ( I had a switch wired to porta.0). I had to reload the application from the matrix programmer again, and everything works fine.

It appears the application program is not burnt into the flash memory, and when power is removed, the program is lost, and need to be reloaded. Anyone had this experience? Am I missing some code lines ? The hex file size is 2kb, my license covers it. My linker switch is -rb 0x0800

Appreciate any help or advise.

-Glenn

Gennon,

I wrote an application in BoostC for the Matrix ECIO40P (PIC 18F4455). After downloading via the Matrix programmer, the application runs fine. But when I removed the USB power to the ECIO40P, and

reapplied the power after about 5 secs, the program on the ECIO40P started to run, but the application does not work anymore ( I had a switch wired to porta.0). I had to reload the application from the matrix programmer again, and everything works fine.

It appears the application program is not burnt into the flash memory, and when power is removed, the program is lost, and need to be reloaded. Anyone had this experience? Am I missing some code lines ? The hex file size is 2kb, my license covers it. My linker switch is -rb 0x0800

When you download to the device it is writing to the flash memory, so the program won't be lost when you remove the power,

The only thing that could be happening is that the boot loader, the program that allowed you to download, is then not allowing the application to start.

Regards

Dave

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.