Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thermal Runaway

Mplab X Header Files

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I have recently installed MPLAB X and am trying to integrate the SourceBoost C tools for the first time. I have followed the MPLABX integration guide without a hitch.

 

So now I have created a new project, selected the correct device, selected the Sourceboost tool to use, and have added a source file. The MPLAB enviornment is now complaining about my #include <system.h> file. Apparently it can't find the file. Surely it should just look in the relevant Sourceboost installation folder?

 

In the end I added the file myself and after some faffing around it finally seemed to be happy with it. But now it's complaining about all my identifiers such as porta, trisa, osccon, etc etc. I was expecting all this to be sorted out by the system.h include. It's also complaining about my assembly lines such as asm nop. It doesn't like the asm identifier.

 

So, it seems that something's not working right here. If any one else has successfully used MPLAB X with SourceBoost and can provide some advice to get me on the right track, it would be much appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I waste anyone's time in responding, I should say that I have now abandoned MPLAB X and gone back to the old V8.56 that I'm familiar with. This is because I couldn't get MPLAB X to work. Even when I "resolved" the header file problems by copying over the relevant files to my project directory, and removed all references to inline assembly, I then was unable to program a target device because, having compiled the source code, MPLAB would complain that it couldn't find its own built file!!! So in the end I decided enough was enough and time to go back to the old version. It works, so why change.

 

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did end up persevering with this for a while in the end. I managed to sort out all the problems I initially listed by referencing the header files by their full path names. Also I had to create my own header file directory in the C:\ root because it didn't seem to be able to find the files if I referenced the sourceboost directory. Perhaps there's some file length issue there, or maybe it doesn't like the spaces.

 

The only question I'm left with after this bit is why doesn't MPLAB X accept my header files using #include <system.h> when I've added the relevant files into the project under the "Header Files" project tree? Bizarre. I don't like it.

After this MPLAB X stopped complaining about my header files and device specific peripherals naming and all that stuff. But unfortunately I still couldn't get my project to compile. It would offer me a bunch of general errors related to some of my functions. It wouldn't elaborate on what its problem was, and for the life of me I couldn't find fault with the functions myself. Indeed, the entire project compiles just fine within the MPLAB V8.x environment.

 

So, after this I'm still of the opinion that MPLAB X and Sourceboost don't mix at the moment. I can't get them to work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...