Sign in to follow this  
JorgeF

Workspace

Hi

The workspace/project window could bennefit from a little "face lift" :)

1 - File list: It would be nice to have the files sorted in groups, source, headers,... , and in alphabetic order, something in the way MPLAB 8 does it.

2 - The splitting of the background in the light blue (cyan) zone, where the file names are, and the white empty zone, looks a bit awkward. It gives the feeling of something thats unfinished.

I think it would look better in a single color.

Best regards

Jorge

2 - The splitting of the background in the light blue (cyan) zone, where the file names are, and the white empty zone, looks a bit awkward. It gives the feeling of something thats unfinished.

I think it would look better in a single color.

The color indicates the active project. Try to add more projects to a workspace and you'll see the difference.

Regards,

Pavel

I'm finding the "new look and feel" a bit irritating to work with.

For years I've worked with an edit window and the workspace panel window open and docked adjacent to each other. I find now that the edit window automatically adjusts to the maximum line length present in the code, but not the maximum screen height available.

... So now I find I have to set the window sizes and positions every time I reload a project.

Is there any way for a grumpy old man to configure and save the default window sizes and positions ?

Kindest Regards

Peter L

Not sure I understand. Window sizes and positions are saved unless we are talking about different things. And all size/position behaviour hasn't changed for years. Maybe you can post a screenshot and mark what's wrong there.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your attention.

The problem is reproduceable, I installed SourceBoost 7.05.1 on my PC, it showed the same effect as on the original install on the laptop.

However, a system restore back to a week ago, plus full uninstall and delete of the remnant SourceBoost folders followed by a new install seems to have fixed it. It started when I flipped between cascaded and tiled mode under the SB Window option.

Most likely suspect is the most recent Microsoft update for Windows 7 64-bit downloaded this month, probably KB2718704.

The screenshot is hopefully attached - the windows are all "floaties" of variable width that open overlaying one another, differently for each file.

Best Regards

Peter L

post-1496-0-15285700-1338906973_thumb.jpg

Pavel,

Fixed!..

The problem certainly wasn't SourceBoost, it wasn't even Microsoft (this time), it was due me not looking carefully at what was on the screen.

When one selects either the "Tiled" or "Cascaded" option from SB the screen drops into the "Restore Down" mode where both the code and browser windows float, overlap and need to be resized on re-opening the project.

All that was necessary of course, was to maximize the window. ... Dumb huh?

Best Regards

Peter L

Hi

The workspace/project window could bennefit from a little "face lift" :)

1 - File list: It would be nice to have the files sorted in groups, source, headers,... , and in alphabetic order, something in the way MPLAB 8 does it.

It this in the "to do" list for next release or did it already reached the "release notes"? :)

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

It this in the "to do" list for next release or did it already reached the "release notes"? :)

Sorting of file names in the project window is available starting from 7.11 rc1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this