Sign in to follow this  
Mike McLaren

Missing Assembly Language Instruction

David, Pavel,

May I ask if the MOVIW and MOVWI assembly language instructions for the enhanced mid-range devices, like the 16F1828, are implemented in BoostC v7.05 please? So far I can't get it working...

asm moviw  fsr0++

asm moviw  _fsr0++

TIA. Cheerful regards, Mike

Edited by Mike McLaren

Hi

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that those instructions belong to the "enhanced instruction set".

Boost C as a special switch (-16x) to activate the usage of the enhanced instruction set for code generation.

Probably it will afect the inline assembly as well.

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

Some of the other new instructions which are unique to the "enhanced mid-range" devices, like lsrf and asrf, work so I wonder why the moviw and movwi instructions seem to be missing.

I was hoping one of the authors would jump in to help since they're probably the only ones who really know the compiler internals intimately enough to provide a qualified answer.

Cheerful regards, Mike

Edited by Mike McLaren

May I ask if the MOVIW and MOVWI assembly language instructions for the enhanced mid-range devices, like the 16F1828, are implemented in BoostC v7.05 please? So far I can't get it working...

Both MOVIW and MOVWI instructions are supported (as well as all other instructions in mid-range device instruction set). The syntax is same as in datasheet:

asm MOVIW ++0
asm MOVIW --0
asm MOVIW 0++
asm MOVIW 0--
asm MOVIW -17[0]

same as

asm MOVIW ++FSR0
asm MOVIW --FSR0
asm MOVIW FSR0++
asm MOVIW FSR0--
asm MOVIW -17[FSR0]

Note that FSR here is not the name of a register (as these instructions work only with fsr registers) but part of the instruction literal.

Regards,

Pavel

Ahh, such an easy fix (capitalizing the literal). Thank you Pavel. You have no idea how much pain this has caused these last eighteen days (lol).

Cheerful regards, Mike

Edited by Mike McLaren