Sign in to follow this  
Stringer

Plug-ins

Could you perhaps further develope the plug-in idea to allow two instances of PicAntIDE to talk with each others? I mean, if I start two copies of the IDE with different projects, those PICs could communicate with each others (assuming that I assign correct pins and the PICs have some software for the communication).

I assume you could create a plug-in for that. The plug-in would require in configuration the pins and the instance ID for the another plug-in. The plug-in could allow also multiple instances, so that there could be something like 3-4 PICs.

Guest Pavel

Though this is an interesting idea it sounds a bit exotic to me. I wonder how many people except you need to simulate  communication between several processors. Do you have any ideas?

Regards,

Pavel

Though this is an interesting idea it sounds a bit exotic to me. I wonder how many people except you need to simulate  communication between several processors. Do you have any ideas?

Regards,

Pavel

I wonder how many people except you need to simulate  communication between several processors. Do you have any ideas?

I have no idea. One PIC is quite limited alone, so I guess there must be some people beyond me? It would also provide a simple method to do some limited custom logic for testing purposes, without any other commercial Windows compilers.

Guest Nick

I use several PICs in a client server type setup, each monitoring sevral sensors and the master deciding what to do...

A suggestion would be to add DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) which is part of MS windows applications for shareing information between two programs. I presume MSVC++ has a plug in component to manage this, i know Borland Delphi does.

It also could allow another means to develop plugins.

Thank you to the designers of PicAnt for an excellent product by the way.

Guest Gordon Scott

I use interworking applications fairly regulary for debugging.

My usual method is to interconnect using sockets (e.g., WinSock),

which usually works well.

This also gives the possibility to build mon-PicAntIDE harnesses,

too, similar to the plugins, except it would worrk across paltforms.

Guest Fyndor

I could use this kind of capability.  I have been looking for something like this for a long time.