TomF

Dont Check For Network Boostbuild

Is there any way to disable the network check for boostlink ? I know its only a 3 sec delay, but its annoying and not required as i will *never* want to build on a different PC.

Not sure why anyone would want to build on a different pc? unless by doing so you can have several nodes of the software and only one licence?

The boostbuild software was developed for remote compilation. Link is always local. And if you always build locally you don't need to use boostbuild. So I don't quite understand what's the problem is.

Regards,

Pavel

The docs state that when i click compile, the program will look on the network for boostbuild every time, it looks for 3 seconds, then uses a local version if remote version is not found.

See: (Help -> IDE User manual (page 39))

When i compile, there is a 3 sec delay between me pressing the compile button, and the output window doing stuff, so i assumed this is the 3 sec mentioned above?

So it is a problem, and should have a disable setting as i will *never* need to compile over a remote PC.

Compilation on a remote server is activated by using the -pp compiler command line argument. Don't use -pp in compiler command line if you don't need remote build.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi

This is a bit of a long-shot, but could it be that the delay you are refering to is the processing of "make"?

I've also noticed this delay but allways assumed that it was "make" verifying dependencies and deciding what needs to be compiled and what doesn't.

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

I dont have that set, but there is still a 3sec delay after i click compile.

When i click link, it starts at once, no delay.

Please post your build log. Than it will be clearer what's happening.

This is a bit of a long-shot, but could it be that the delay you are refering to is the processing of "make"?

I've also noticed this delay but allways assumed that it was "make" verifying dependencies and deciding what needs to be compiled and what doesn't.

Yes that's correct. Every time the 'build' command is issued a makefile is generated and this included building all include dependencies.

Regards,

Pavel

Please post your build log. Than it will be clearer what's happening.

What is the filename for the buildlog?

There is no log file unless you redirect it to a file yourself. Just post the content of the output window with the build log.

Regards,

Pavel

"C:\Program Files\SourceBoost7\boostc_pic16.exe" -16x -t PIC16LF1827 -idx 1 -obj Release -d _RELEASE main.c comms.c helpers.c "Internal Eeprom.c" DebugComms.c

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 7.10 (for PIC16 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright© 2004-2012 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2012 David Hobday

There is no BoostBuild used with the compiler command line you posted. If you compile from SourceBoost IDE the delay may be when IDE looks for dependencies before build (as suggested in one of the posts). Compiler start also take a bit of time that depends on you computer power. So seems you do everything right.

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.