Sign in to follow this  
drumanart

Mplab X Ide With Sourceboost V.7.05 And Linux

Hello.

I use UBUNTU (LINUX) as an OS and run, using wine, MPLAB IDE 8.5 with a licensed SourceBoost v.6.95 This works fine but is a little slow. No, since Microchip lanced the MPLAB X IDE there is also a version for LINUX and I red that SourceBoost v.7.05 has the drivers to run the program with the new environment.

Does this works also on a LINUX (UBUNTU) without fiddling with wine, and did someone install it successfully? ( I can't find any topics).

Thanks Martin

Ok, I respond to myself:

As nobody in the forum seems to run MPLABX IDE under Linux (UBUNTU) and before inverting for a new programmer ICD3 (ICD2 want work with MPLABX IDE ) and before purchasing a new version of SourceBoost (with drivers for MPLABX IDE) I installed PIKLAB IDE.

IT WORKS GREAT and my ICD2 clone runs even faster then ever in MPLAB IDE under WIndows.

Martin

Hi

In fact, I've tried MPLAB X a few times, but it as so many bugs that I reverted back to MPLAB 8.8x after a couple of hours each time I tried it.

For now I'm following its evolution on the Microchip forum, but it looks like its still far away from being a trustworthy tool.

Anyhow, integrating the Sourceboost toolchain in the IDE is only half of the equation.

The compiler and linker are invoqued by the IDE as external applications, so to have them running on Linux, they must be Linux executables.

AFAIK there are no Linux versions of the Sourceboost toolchain available yet.

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this