tom 2007

.tree File

Is there a way to turn off the generation of the .tree file?

I have a large project and the .tree file is +/- 800MB in size and this takes about 10min. to refresh in the IDE after a build :(.

I don't use the call tree window that much so it would save a lot of time if there was a way to tell to the linker not to generate this file.

Tom

Currently it's not possible to disable .tree file generation by linker but you can try to delete this file from postbuild.bat (see the 'Build' chapter in users manual). Let us know if this works.

Regards,

Pavel

I've placed the postbuild.bat in the project directory but after linking i get:

Failed to spawn (C:\Users\Tom\Documents\pic\ethernet board\postbuild.bat). Check if path to this external application is correct. (Error code 2)

Edited by tom 2007

Hi

The path to your ".bat" as a space in it.

You may need to enclose it, including the ".bat" filename, in double quotes (").

Best regards

Jorge

How do I change that? The IDE will look for the postbuild.bat file in the project directory and execute. I don't see a way to tell the IDE to add double quotes.

Hi

You are right, I was confusing the Sourceboost IDE features with some other IDE.

Just made a couple of tests and confirmed wath I suspected, the problem is with the "space" character in the path to the project folder.

I would sugest you replace it with an underscore.

A definitive solution must be found by the development team as the double quotes must be "placed" when invoking the system command processor to execute the ".bat" files.

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

A definitive solution must be found by the development team as the double quotes must be "placed" when invoking the system command processor to execute the ".bat" files.

We do this everywhere but must have forgotten this case. Will investigate and try to fix in the coming release (which was due by Christmas but we ran into some problems that need to get fixed before the release, sorry about the delay)

Regards,

Pavel

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.