Sign in to follow this  
trossin

Structure Values Display Wrong Values In Watch Window

I attached a little screen shot of a tiny program with a structure array that was initialized to have the 32-bit tag set to 0xffffffff and the cache state set to 0. When debugging, the watch window shows 4 of the 5 states as 0xff and only one with the correct value of 0. Reading the element named state at the end shows that it does have the correct value. The only problem is the watch window. I should also mention that it is not possible to add a variable to the watch window with a very long name since there seems to be a character limit. I attached a little project to demonstrate the problem. I'm using Version 7.10 and a 18F4620

post-1034-0-21958900-1359245156_thumb.jpg

Issue.zip

Edited by trossin

trossin,

I attached a little screen shot of a tiny program with a structure array that was initialized to have the 32-bit tag set to 0xffffffff and the cache state set to 0. When debugging, the watch window shows 4 of the 5 states as 0xff and only one with the correct value of 0. Reading the element named state at the end shows that it does have the correct value. The only problem is the watch window. I should also mention that it is not possible to add a variable to the watch window with a very long name since there seems to be a character limit. I attached a little project to demonstrate the problem. I'm using Version 7.10 and a 18F4620

This problem is now fixed and so should be in the BoostC V7.11 final release.

Problem was in the coff file generation in linker, where it did not add pointer information to structures.

Regards

Dave