Sign in to follow this  
Pavel

Sourceboost V7.11 Release

SourceBoost v7.11 is available to download from the main download page at http://www.sourceboo...onDownload.html

Change log

• fixed debugger watch issue when debugger incorrectly handled structs that contained pointers
  • fixed errors in compiler code generation for comparison expressions that contained signed short vars
  • installation now shows confirmation when MPLAB integrate and VC++ 2008 redist buttons are pressed
  • fixed ide problem when words TODO or FIXME in the sources caused file save problems
  • fixed BoostC++ integration into ide that was broken in 7.10 release
  • fixed settings and build problems in several examples supplied in the installation
  • fixed watch window for very big values for unsigned long type
  • fixed problem when debug session wasn't closed correctly when another workspace was opened during debugging
  • boostlink.exe renamed into boostlink_picmicro.exe
  • installation modified to check DEP settings only if wmic.exe is present
  • installation updated to include vc2008 redistributives
  • removed -swcs linker option from proj file (this option is stored in config file and is auto-generated if missing in novo projects)
  • re-built lcd_helper.lib library from BoostBasic examples using latest tools
  • open workspace now lets user select from both workspace and project files
  • ide changed to store extra options in config file
  • updated ide check for novo based projects that have missing -swcs linker option
  • fixed random ide crash
  • fixed bug when ide did not enclose prebuild.bat and postbuild.bat commands into double quotes if their path contained spaces
  • fixed (disabled?) crash under Windows 7 64bit "The activation context being deactivated is not the most recently activated one"
  • fixed bug in error reporting when target config file was not found
  • PIC18 eeprom library split into 2: 8 and 16 bit addressing
  • fixed Novo bug: tasks executed when not expected. Caused by incorrect capture to maximum task priority.
  • added #ifndef and #endif into system headers to prevent multiple inclusion of header files.
  • added sorting for files in the workspace tree
  • updated mplabx plugin
  • fixed problem when compiler was reported an error for function pointer declaration when one extern and another not extern were used
  • fixed problem in IDE when wizard didn't work if there was no active project (i.e. in empty workspace)
  • fixed problem when release build didn't parse empty bit names in config file correctly (i.e. BitNames = "","","","NOT_TO","NOT_PD","Z","DC","C" ;)
  • fixed problem when optimisation (dead code removal) was being applied when it shouldn't.
  • fixed linker bug when code page switch lost in some functions containing asm code
  • fixed problem when setup didn't stop build service and this caused error later when service file was supposed to be overwritten
  • fixed problems with expressions enclosed into parentheses
  • increased various preprocessor limits like macros size or include depth

Hello,

SourceBoost Software Package V7.11(.zip file) file seems to be corrupted (4.8mB)

SourceBoost Software Package V7.11(.exe file) this file is ok. (23.5mB)

Lieuwe

Lieuwe,

SourceBoost Software Package V7.11(.zip file) file seems to be corrupted (4.8mB)

SourceBoost Software Package V7.11(.exe file) this file is ok. (23.5mB)

Thanks for letting us know, it's now fixed.

Regards

Dave

Hi, David

I just used V7.11 to compile a project. I found the v7.11 compiler will give an error message if I use '&(variable_name)' to pass a pointer to a function. But it will succeed if I use '&variable_name' instead.

But, in version 7.1, it is okay.

Here is the test code.

==========================

#include <system.h>

int MyFunction(int *ptrValue);

void main()

{

int input=16;

int result;

result=MyFunction(&input); // this will succeed, but if changed to result=MyFunction( &(input) ); it fails to compile.

}

int MyFunction(int *ptrValue)

{

return(*ptrValue);

}

Hi

If I correctly recall my "C" syntax, the form "&(varname)" seems a bit odd.

Whatever is inside "()" is an expression or a type cast, aplying the "&" operator to it will be trying to get the address of the result of an expression or the type cast not the address of an identifier.

Just my 2 cents....

Best regards

Jorge

References:

http://lists.canonic...ber/000201.html (sepcifically unary-expression, postfix-expression and cast-expression rules)

or

http://www.cs.man.ac...nf/c_syntax.k_r descendant of http://www.cs.man.ac...jj/bnf/bnf.html

Edited by JorgeF

Thanks Jorge,

I know it is bit odd, but the code is generated by a Code Generator not by myself. I noticed that because for the same code the v7.1 will not complain but the v7.11 will.

Chen