TomF

Memory Leak In Ide.exe

If you run the program continuously for days without shutting it down, compiling every 10 mins or so, eventually the icons on the toolbar disappear because the program is leaking memory.

Look in task manager, compile, compile again, and again and again. Each compile uses more and more memory.

I've just closed the program as it was using 200M or ram, re-opened it, and now it is using 77M ram.

Each compile appears to add 1.5M to the usage in task manager.

Interesting you should bring this one up Tom. I have had a problem with the toolbars for some versions now.

A problem I have is if I collapes all open applications to the task bar, using the Show Desktop button (XP), then go off and do some web browsing, read a pdf document, then at a later time restore SourceBoost IDE, all the IDE toolbars are stacked vertically and have to be manually repositioned them horizontally.

I doesn't alway do this on a restore, but I cannot find sequence of events that causes it. I am convinced time related to how long the IDE has been collapsed.

Maybe a related effect.

Cheers

Reynard

If you run the program continuously for days without shutting it down, compiling every 10 mins or so, eventually the icons on the toolbar disappear because the program is leaking memory....

Which IDE version do you use?