Boost C Registration Fails - W7 Pro

Hi,

I am trying to install SB 7.2 on a W7 Pro machine for the first time on this machine. I have done pretty much did what I did with my laptop (which works fine).

Invoked preg.exe from Program Files (x86), filled in my name and key as supplied by Pavel or Dave.

Get indication of "success" in the command line windows.

I start up the IDE, compile the interupt.c file and the output indicates that SB C is UNREGISTERED.

Uninstalls, reinstalls, reboots change nothing. AFAIK I am operating with an owner account that has admin privledge.

Same stuff happens with the plugins. They (extras) appear to register in preg.exe, but they don't load in the IDE.

John

Hi,

I read about the DEP settings and registration. On my machine DEP was turned off except for essential programs.

I turned it on for all programs, then a bunch of Sourceboost programs appeared in the box. I rebooted, repeated the preg.exe steps, tested the IDE and it worked.

Turned off the DEP rebooted and the IDE, extra plugins, compiler appear to work now.

(Perhaps our "buddy" preg.exe would know more if it could talk. I'd like to squeeze a confession out of it.)

jk

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and have installed version 7.2 sourceboost. When I try to run the IDE it shows a dialog saying:

"Tour SourceBoost IDE licence is not valid for this SourceBoost IDE version. Do you want to visit SourceBoost web iste and obtain a new licence"

I have already purchased a version 7 (within the last week) licence for the C compiler and using Preg have successfully registered that. But the IDE refuses to start up.

I have uninstalled SB, removed all obvious traces from the registry, restarted the machine, re-installed and I still get the same message. I have alose tried to use the licence for the IDE using Preg but with no sucess. At the moment I can't use SB on this machine

Hi Jimeer,

I did not see if you tried the DEP setting. Also, you can search this forum (where I found mention of these issues) for more information.

DEP options are found under Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced System Settings / Performance - Settings / Date Execution Prevention / toggle on the "Turn On DEP for all programs and services except those I select" setting .

Sourceboost installer places a bunch of it's programs in the exception list including preg.exe.

On my machine it benches Window's "happy index" higher with DEP set as above.

jk

thank you for the reply,

I have selected 'turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select and sure enough the SB programs appeared, 12 in all including the SourceBooste IDE. But after restarting the error is now "SourceBoosts IDE MFC Application has stopped working" in a dialog with in invitation to close the program. So different, but no further.

hello,

a solution.

Nothing to do with DEP, I got another licence key from Pavel specifically for the IDE and registered the IDE with Preg. NOTE: this is not the same key you get for the compiler but one that is for the IDE. It was not originally sent with the compiler keys and so had to request it separately.

IDE is registered during installation. But sometimes something goes wrong and registration fails (we don't yet know what causes this). To fix this IDE key needs to be entered using preg:

name: Default Lite Key
key: 0D7D-A279-549A-DD9B-6CB0-1709-E31A-1276-C085-7220-5A41

Regards,

Pavel