Sign in to follow this  
glennzig

Sourceboost Ide License Not Valid ?

I recently upgraded sourceboost from 6.97 to 7.2 since I just upgraded to boostc++. Now I recieve the following message when starting the ide:

Your SourceBoost IDE license is not valid for this SourceBoost IDE version. Do you want to visit SourceBoost website and obtain a new license?

Running the compiler from the command line works fine. Although I would like to use the IDE.

It looks that ide hasn't registered properly during 7.x installation. Try to register ide using preg (make sure you are logged in as admin, start preg, select SourceBoost IDE and press OK, than enter license details into the appearing 'Enter Key' dialog) and the key below:

name: Default Lite Key
key: 0D7D-A279-549A-DD9B-6CB0-1709-E31A-1276-C085-7220-5A41

Before entering the license key please make sure you are logged in as administrator.

Regards,
Pavel

It looks that ide hasn't registered properly during 7.x installation. Try to register ide using preg (make sure you are logged in as admin, start preg, select SourceBoost IDE and press OK, than enter license details into the appearing 'Enter Key' dialog) and the key below:

name: Default Lite Key

key: 0D7D-A279-549A-DD9B-6CB0-1709-E31A-1276-C085-7220-5A41

Regards,

Pavel

Great thanks! I will try it when I get to my computer. Awesome compiler BTW!!!

I also tried the solution with the "Default Lite Key" and

key: "0D7D-A279-549A-DD9B-6CB0-1709-E31A-1276-C085-7220-5A41"

but it doesn't work.

There are some things I don't understand:

My license says:

BoostC Full for PICmicro v6.xx & V7.xx Activation

Name: Farn ....

Key: 00000G-TA9...

The version is 6.60

I was glad that there is a 7.20 update which may work even better.

Having installed 7.20, it is impossible in the radio-box of preg.exe to choose "SourceBoost IDE".

It is however possible to choose "BoostC compiler" but after typing in my own key this results in: "Your SourceBoost IDE license is not valid for this SourceBoost IDE version". Or: "Invalid name or key (not registered)"

Pavel advised me to try the above mentioned "Default Lite Key" ("0D7D-A279-54...") but that doesn't work either, perhaps because I don't have a Lite Version but instead the Full Version.

For me it's OK to have the old IDE (6.60) and only the new (7.70) BoostC compiler, but perhaps it's more complicated than I think.

Which magician knows the magic words to let this work?

Regards, Remi

Before entering the license key please make sure you are logged in as administrator.

Having installed 7.20, it is impossible in the radio-box of preg.exe to choose "SourceBoost IDE".

By 'impossible' do yuo mean that the name and key fields become grayed out. That's how it is supposed to work. Just press the OK button and this will show another form to enter your IDE license name and key.

It is however possible to choose "BoostC compiler" but after typing in my own key this results in: "Your SourceBoost IDE license is not valid for this SourceBoost IDE version". Or: "Invalid name or key (not registered)"

SourceBoost IDE and BoostC compilers use different license keys. An IDE licens ekey will not work with the compiler and vice versa.

Pavel advised me to try the above mentioned "Default Lite Key" ("0D7D-A279-54...") but that doesn't work either, perhaps because I don't have a Lite Version but instead the Full Version.

SourceBoost IDE executable is exactly the same on the Farnel CD or downloaded from SourceBoost web site (given they have the same release number) and lite key will work with any of them. If preg doesn't work for you try to register from command line. To do this open command prompt, navigate to your SourceBoost installation directory and launch ide.exe follofed by the 'register' command line argument like:

ide register

This will launch an 'Enter key' dialog where you can enter your IDE license details.

Regards,

Pavel

Quoting Pavel:

"By 'impossible' do you mean that the name and key fields become grayed out. That's how it is supposed to work. Just press the OK button and this will show another form to enter your IDE license name and key."

I hardly believed my eyes but this works! So simple.

Grayed out. That's the expression.

Thanks a lot for your very quick reaction !!

Regards, Remi

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this