I would love to see collapsible functions added to the sourceboostIDE is possible. It would make coding a lot nicer as you could then simply collapse the code you don't want to be concentrating on. Another nice feature would be the ability to drag the code around while it is collapsed, to allow a quick reorganization of the functions. Would this be something possible to do? For an example of collapsible functions you could look at programs such as codeblocks or notepad++. See the attached image for an example.

There is also a bug when using a pickit3 and attempting to set it up in the program function under the IDE. I mentioned this a while back, but it got no response.

Original post at --> http://forum.sourceboost.com/index.php?showtopic=4617

since then, I came up with a batch file that works better for this.

I call it "Program.bat"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\mplab_ipe\pk3cmd.exe" /P%1 /V3.250 /M /F%2

Then in the IDE, I use the following command to do the program

C:\SourceBoost\PicKit3\program.bat %shorttarget%

Since the IDE automatically adds the file name after a space as the second argument, you do not need to add anything else to this. The resulting command line when you hit "P" in the IDE looks like

Programming...

C:\SourceBoost\PicKit3\program.bat 16F877 Debug\HelloWorld.hex

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\mplab_ipe\pk3cmd.exe" /P16F877 /V3.250 /M /FDebug\HelloWorld.hex 

I thought I would include this just in case anyone else might find it of use. Still, it would be nice to not have to use a batch file in the first place :)

Thanks for the great compiler :)

post-5670-0-00409100-1401050379_thumb.png

Whoops! I found some of what I wanted for the editor in the options menu under editor :D YAY!

Still, it would be nice to be able to just grab a function and rearrange them by dragging them while they are not expanded.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the ideas. I wanted to get this going and lost interest.

Is the voltage parameter in error? You specified 3.25 volts for a 5 volt part - I think.

Thanks for the ideas. I wanted to get this going and lost interest. Is the voltage parameter in error? You specified 3.25 volts for a 5 volt part - I think.

Yep, it just happened to be the part I had selected at the time, normally I am using another pic that has a lower voltage ^^ Change the parameters to fit your target or make 2 batch files, one called program3v.bat and program5v.bat and just change it as needed since most the other stuff stays the same.

:)