Sign in to follow this  
kingpin094

Boostc Licence In Win7 Pro

Just purchased the full version of the BoostC compiler. I was promptly email the key. I have run preg.exe to register the license and it reported back that both pic16 and pic18 were successful. When i attempt to run boostc_pic16.exe from the command line i am informed that I am using an unregistered license (see below).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceBoost>boostc_pic16.exe
BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 7.22 (for PIC16 architecture)
Copyright© 2004-2014 Pavel Baranov
Copyright© 2004-2014 David Hobday
Single user Lite License (Unregistered) for 0 node(s)
Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:2048 words, max RAM banks:2, Non commercial use only
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried installing/reinstalling, installing the default Sourceboost IDE key, messed around with the DEP settings as others have suggested on the forums all to no avail.
Does anyone have an idea of what I might be missing? I have been banging my head against the keyboard for over an hour know. It should not be this difficult to register a program.

Log in as administrator, start preg and register again. It's important to be logged in as administrator as just running preg as administrator may not be enough.

If this fails start command prompt (as administrator), navigate to your SourceBoost installation directory and start compiler followed by the 'register' command line argument like:

boostc_pic16.exe register

This will open a registration dialog to enter your license details.

Re-compile all your source files after you enter your license information. If you don't linker may think that obj files were compiled with unregistered compiler copy and will complain.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I have a similar problem - clean installation of BoostC++ in new Windows 7 Pro machine, copied old source files into new project in MPLabX and when compiler runs it says lite (unregistered) version, and build fails because I'm over the max word limit for the free version. I enabled the Administrator account, logged in as administrator, ran Preg, it said it was successful, but I get the same problem. I also tried running the compiler from the command line, but there are spaces in the path, which make that not work. Help!

Brian

Hi Pavel,

I have a similar problem - clean installation of BoostC++ in new Windows 7 Pro machine, copied old source files into new project in MPLabX and when compiler runs it says lite (unregistered) version, and build fails because I'm over the max word limit for the free version. I enabled the Administrator account, logged in as administrator, ran Preg, it said it was successful, but I get the same problem. I also tried running the compiler from the command line, but there are spaces in the path, which make that not work. Help!

Brian

The command line accepts spaces if you enclose the program name with full path in double quotes.

Leave any parameters outside of the quotes.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceBoost>boostc_pic16" register

HIH

Best regards

Jorge

Edited by JorgeF

Actually, I spoke too soon. It works for one project, not others. I'll do a search, but I think there's something about if one of the library files was from before the program license was activated, or something like that.

Brian

Okay, I've sorted it out. I have a license for the C++ compiler. My main source code has an extension .cpp, but the eeprom code I'm using was .c, so MPLAB-X decided to invoke the unregistered C compiler for that one instead of using the C++ compiler. I think in the old MPLAB, I could choose the particular compiler, but in MPLAB-X, you choose the compiler family, and the program picks the compiler based on the extension.

Brian

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this