Sign in to follow this  
thosey

bit support

I would like to see bit support.  This would be very helpfull in boolean logic equates as well as setting pins.  Example of this would be led=1; led=0; This would let the pin or bit selected to be conrolled like setb rc.7 clrb rc.7.  Sorry pic users this is sx asm that I am using as example.

This could be achieved via,

bit led @0x07 (unsigned)&PORTC*8+3;;

I would also like to see support for passing non const char pointers to functions.  This would be very usefull.

yes, I agree with this.

something like this

bit flgTest;

if(flgTest)

{

flgTest=0; <- instead of clear_bit(...);

}

It is more easy for implement the source code.

::D:

Guest Pavel

bit data type will be supported in the new C compiler. Alpha release of this compiler is planned at the beginning of this summer.

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

I requested this enhancement in V4 and was told "yes it will be in the new compiler version coming soon".

Well, V5 didn't contain it and now you say it will be in the next version!

Im still using V4 and refuse to upgrade for the sake of a pretty looking IDE until the features that people are requesting are implimented.

Will this feature be a new (V6) money-grabbing upgrade again?

Guest Dave

Joe,

The bit data type will definately be in the new compiler.

I'm sure you won't be dissappointed by that and or any of the other new features.  ::):

Also you forget to mention one of the big changes between V4 and V5 was the addition of the integrated debugger and clock accurate simulator.

Regards

Dave

Guest Joe

Will this still be V5 or V6, and will you be hiking up the cost of the compiler again ????

This used to be a good low-cost compiler...

I dont want to buy V5 then find out i have to buy V6 a month later...

Guest Pavel
Will this feature be a new (V6) money-grabbing upgrade again?

Well let's see how "money-grabbing" C2C is and compare it with its closest competitor CCS:

CCS:

compiler only 125$/125$/175$ (separate for each PIC family)

compiler + IDE 350$/425$

Support 99$/200$/250$

30 days upgrade rights

C2C:

compiler+IDE+limited support 70$

optional plugins 20$

free upgrade for all minor releases

25$ major version upgrade (v4->v5)

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

you have forgotten to mention that CCS supports 32-bit floating point math, pointers, structs and single "bit" flags, function call / stack tree and RAM utilisation displays, C-code level debugging etc...

Anyway, im not interested in CCS, i love your compiler, and will continue to use your compiler, but not if promised features are not delivered until 2 versions (major so a fee is required) time.

I dont think it is fair to promise a "feature", then release 2 paid updates before it is delivered.

This is one of the major reasons I try to avoid "main stream" compilers - and (as a little guy) i like to code knowing that my licence fee is helping the "little guy" make a buck hopefully doing the thing that he/she (you) love the most... Generating a product that forfills what the real users want, and not just M$ wannabe software with "features" that are implimented so that their sales brocures look good.

I just want a fair deal, nothing more. This product was originally released as a hobbyists tool, but is slowly getting more and more expencive, just like the pro compilers.

Guest Pavel

C2C:

25$ major version upgrade (v4->v5)

How much will it cost to upgrade from v5 to v6 C2C&C++ compilers with 3 nodes and 3 plugins?

Can't tell now. Pricing scheme for V6 compiler hasn't been defined yet.

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

Will V5 be finished (all bugs fixed) before being forced to upgrade again?

(see eariler posts about producing paid updates before fixing known issues and adding promised enhancements)

Guest Pavel
Will V5 be finished (all bugs fixed) before being forced to upgrade again?

Any software has bugs. If there are some bugs in V5 at the time of V6 release V6 will not be delayed. However V5 and V6 will coexist for some time. The amount of "force" to upgrade will be about the same as of other vendors :P

Regards,

Pavel