Sign in to follow this  
AllanL5

Plug-ins -- More LED Bars?

How hard would it be to make an LEDBar2, LEDBar3, LEDBar4 so I could have multiple LEDBar's up? -- I would tie them to different ports, of course.  Currently, I think I'm only allowed the one bar, tied to whichever port I set, but I'd like to see multiple ports.

Thanks, AllanL5

Yes, that would be nice. And while waiting for it, you can use the single led, voltage metter and logic analyzer in addition to the led block. Or you can look from the register bar direct values of the ports, altough I think it updates values only when you break execution.

Guest Pavel
Or you can look from the register bar direct values of the ports, altough I think it updates values only when you break execution.

There is a snapshot button on debugbar (the one with a camera) that will update registers, watches etc. if pressed when code is running.

Regards,

Pavel

There is a snapshot button on debugbar (the one with a camera) that will update registers, watches etc. if pressed when code is running.

Thanks! I always tought it were something to do with the profiling. Handy tool indeed.

Guest Joe

could do with a keyboard shortcut to this function (snapshot)  so it can be done when the mouse is holding down a button!

Better still: auto-updating of values as theyt change.

Guest Pavel
Better still: auto-updating of values as theyt change.

The autoupdate may be useful for some sort of applications but the cost will be slower simulation speed.

Regards,

Pavel

Guest Joe

Maybe the addition of "set auto-update refresh rate (ms)" option too?

Why is simulation so slow? A 2GHz PC should be able to simulate a 4MHz device in real time, surly?!

Guest Pavel
Why is simulation so slow? A 2GHz PC should be able to simulate a 4MHz device in real time, surly?!

Simulation speed is about the same as under MPLAB. There are many things that contribute to speed decrease: windows sync api, protection, plugins etc.

Regards,

Pavel