Jump to content
DTPIC

Chameleon - "failed to index input file"

Recommended Posts

I have taken a BoostC project which compiles fine and tried to compile using Chameleon - did a "clean all" then "build" - got the response "failed to index input file", with no extra information about the problem...

What does this message mean? What do I need to look for to fix it?

Is there a (pdf?) help guide anywhere for Chameleon, or extra info which which would help to debug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When compiling a file the first thing the compiler does it splitting preprocessed source file into lines. If it fails it spits out the error that you quoted. Normally this process is very straightforward and there shouldn't be any errors (hence the error is so brief) but looks like we missed something in this parser (Chameleon is still in beta stage). Can you email your source file along with the compiler command line to support@sourceboost.com so we can investigate.

 

Regards,

Pavel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pavel,

   I would love to be able to help debug Chameleon, but this code is commercial and I would have to get the customer's permission to send it out to a third party; I don't think they would want to, but I will ask.... 

 

Edited by DTPIC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only other things I can tell you:

1) I use the "#if 1.... #endif" and  "#if 0.... #endif"  constructs to include\"comment out" sections of experimental code...

2) I have used nested #ifs \ #ifdefs sometimes to 3 or more levels...

3) there may be #if\#ifdef\#endifs existing inside /*...*/ commented out code, or #if \ ifdef \ #endifs commented out using //....

 

Hope this helps...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried your suggestions but could not reproduce this error :( Most likely it's just one particular line of code. Maybe you can remove portions of this code that contain IP of your customer and send us the resulting file and maybe even obfuscate it. We are releasing a new version very soon and it'll be nice if this fix makes its way in.

 

Regards,

Pavel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×