Sign in to follow this  
Pavel

SourceBoost 8.00

SourceBoost 8.00 is now FREE and available from www.sourceboost.com

Free, does that mean you abandon it, or is this a new business model? Anyway, i have told my wife to donate you $4 so you can have a beer.

I used Sourceboost a lot, learned how to program with it (C4 PIC16 Matrix multimedia) later on got the Pro V6 and V7 licences, but if it gets abandoned, (no new target support) it becomes nice for hobby projects and for learning to program on older controllers. For commercial projects on new controllers you can ask yourself if it is a good choice or not.

Cheers!

The answer to the above question is very important for me. I have been using the paid version of  BoostC for the last 14 years or so at work for commercial projects, including some recently new ones. Not that I really need improvements, but do need to know if there will still be someone backing this product, or should I begin thinking about switching to a different compiler.

Guest John

Hi Pavel,

I see a couple of warnings about virus using Virus Total on file   sourceboostv800.exe.

Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O   and  Trapmine  Suspicious.low.ml.score  ???

Suspicious.low.ml.score

Suspicious.low.ml.score

Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O

Trapmine

Suspicious.low.ml.score

JK

Guest Caroline

Hello,

Nice that SourceBoost has a free download. I'm a teacher and I use SourceBoost to learn my students (technical students 17-18j old) to program PIC microcontrollers (and to simulate) in BoostC. Unfortunately they (and me) are using the 6.97 version. I was excited about the free version and tried to install it, with a code 14001 and sxstrace.exe problem. And it is Corona time...and I'm teaching online...and this afternoon I wanted to show them some simulation with the 7 segment displays....Can anyone help me quickly so I can restore the 6.97 version or I can use the new version...?

Thanks!

Hi Pavel,

I scanned sourceboost800.exe using VirusTotal and it reported a couple of problems:

CMC:  Trojan.Win32.Hesv!O                  Trapmine: Suspicious.low.ml.score

JK

On 4/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, Guest Caroline said:

Hello,

Nice that SourceBoost has a free download. I'm a teacher and I use SourceBoost to learn my students (technical students 17-18j old) to program PIC microcontrollers (and to simulate) in BoostC. Unfortunately they (and me) are using the 6.97 version. I was excited about the free version and tried to install it, with a code 14001 and sxstrace.exe problem. And it is Corona time...and I'm teaching online...and this afternoon I wanted to show them some simulation with the 7 segment displays....Can anyone help me quickly so I can restore the 6.97 version or I can use the new version...?

Thanks!

Quick search on google: "The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system."

In the SourceBoost install process you can check the boxes to install visual 2008, 2009 and 2010, did you ?

Edited by L de vries

I suspect this is because of protection system we use though I never saw such troyan warning in my development environment. Please try an experimental build with minimal/no protection from http://www.sourceboost.com/CommonDownload/Binaries/sourceboostv801.exe

Update: I checked multiple files included into the installation on Virus Total and it seems that executables built under Visual Studio 2008 generate such false positives. I created a test program that consists of an empty _tmain function, built it with Visual Studio 2008 and tested under Virus Total. It reported a 1 false positive.

Another update: I think I have sorted out the virus total false positives. The new 8.01 build doesn't trigger any reports. Will publish it later today.

Pavel

Guest Caroline Wille

Thanks !

It works again, installed version 8.01 (had also virus issues..), and ticking everything in the installation process 😉

I can show my students the simulation in SourceBoost again !

Thanks !

Caroline