Sign in to follow this  
fischp

Boostc 1.8 Alpha Expiration

I'm a registered IDE 5.7 and BoostC 1.6 user. I recently downloaded the BoostC 1.8 alpha. Now when I compile a program I keep getting warnings about 1.8 alpha expiring in three days (as of today). Will there be a new version or did I hose something up by downloading the 1.8? :blink:

Thanks!

1.6 was set to expire to make users update it for newer version. 1.8 will expire in January only. I'm not sure why you see this expiration message. Anybody else experiences this too?

Regards,

Pavel

1.6 was set to expire to make users update it for newer version. 1.8 will expire in January only. I'm not sure why you see this expiration message. Anybody else experiences this too?

Regards,

Pavel

Pavel,

I just realized that I downloaded 1.8 but never applied it. Sorry, my mistake! I just unzipped it and now :blink: the message is gone.

Regards,

Perry

Guest Joe

Pavel,

You stated on the download page that the alpha version was "FREE".

If its going to expire in January, then its not free at all and this is a misleading sales statment.

Forcing people to upgrade a 'free' product to a paid product by misleading them is not a nice thing to do. "Trial" would be a better choice of words.

Joe

Joe,

One of the main reasons for expiry is to force users to get the latest versions. This is because alpha versions change quickly, as we respond to user problems as soon as we can.

Don't worry, there will be a free version in the final release. :blink:

It will not have any language restrictions. But it will limit code and ram usage.

Regards

Dave