Sign in to follow this  
fischp

Boostc 1.9.1 Bug

:(

I downloaded the latest 1.9.1 releases and tried to compile the i2c.c sample program in the samples\c\BoostC directory. I get the following output as well as having the original unmodified source file i2c.c deleted by the compiler. (I'm not kidding, the source file gets deleted during the compile!)

I've tried this on two different PCs both running XP, one with SP2 the other without the SP2 patch applied. Both PCs did the exact same thing.

I've picked the 18F877 as the target CPU.

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 1.9.1 Beta (test build) (for PIC16 architecture)

http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html

Copyright© 2004-2005 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2005 David Hobday

line 70: Illegal redefinition of symbol: PORTC

line 71: Illegal redefinition of symbol: TRISC

2 errors detected

Error: preprocessing error

success

BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 1.9 Beta

http://www.picant.com/c2c/c.html

Copyright© 2004-2005 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2005 David Hobday

Error: Failed to open:I2C-Test.obj

Warning: Unable to successfully create 'delay_us' for target with clock freq 4000000 Hz

Warning: argument of 'delay_10us' calls must have a value of 1 or more

Failed

Exit code was -1. [No error.]

Removing target: I2C-Test.hex

File 'C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\I2C-Test.c' does not exist. Relevant source window has been closed.

File 'C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC\I2C-Test.c' does not exist. Relevant source window has been closed.

Failed to locate output file 'I2C-Test.obj'

Done

Failed

**** There's also a bug in the installer and MPLAB 7.0. Apparently the Legacy directory in the MPLAB tree has been renamed to Third Party. The install complains that it can't copy the mtc files. No biggie, the files can be copied into the correct directory, just a nusance.

This is a serious bug introduced in 1.9.1. Will fix and post an update right now. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Pavel