Annoying Expire Bug...

Since today BoostC reacts very slow (about 20 seconds) when I Build (F7) and displays a message "Beta release of BoostC will expire in 5 day(s).

I reinstalled SourceBoost IDE 5.9.7 & BoostC 2.2.5 but still the same...

What's going on?

Grtz, Teuniz

Grtz,

Since today BoostC reacts very slow (about 20 seconds) when I Build (F7) and displays a message "Beta release of BoostC will expire in 5 day(s).

The expirey message is expected, soon we will release a new BoostC version.

But you should not see any slow down in BoostC compiler or Linker.

Regards

Dave

Grtz,

The expirey message is expected, soon we will release a new BoostC version.

But you should not see any slow down in BoostC compiler or Linker.

Regards

Dave

Does this expiration notice also affect BoostC execution from inside MPLAB? I'm able to compile my project from sourceboost, but unable to compile it from MPLAB. I had this problem once before, and ended up reinstalling sourceboost. Before beginning the installation process I discovered the latest version, not knowing that there was perhaps supposed to be an expiration window popping up.

Right now if I compile my project from MPLAB, it does this:

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostc.pic16.exe" proto2b.c -O1  -W1  -t 16F737

As far as I can tell, it hangs indefinitely at this point.

In sourceboost, it waits for 20-30 seconds, then the window pops up, and when I say "OK" it compiles like I'd expect.

Thanks,

Kevin

kmjeffer,

The protection system works the same if compiler run under SourceBoost IDE or MPLABs. Maybe the expiration window is hidden behind MPLABs window.

Regards

Dave

Dave,

Hmm, I've tried moving/shrinking windows and can't see the expiration notice anywhere. Since this only happens when a new version is pending, I can manage.

However, have you tried it yourself? Assuming the notification will be used in the future for trial versions or whatever, if others have the same problem and don't know there's supposed to be a window coming up, they might think it doesn't work and get turned off of the compiler. Just trying to help =)

Thanks again,

Kevin