Hi All,

I hope someone can help as this forum seems quite good for responses. I'm evaluating Sourceboost 'c' compiler for some work on a Dallas Microlan 1-Wire project and whereas most other compilers (ccs, MikroElectronica 'c', WIZ-C etc) seem to offer support in libraries etc for 1-Wire read/write's I can find little reference to how this can be accomplished in Sourceboost - is it built in? It would be nice to use this compiler as the more I check its features the more I find to like! Am I hoping in vain as the project may well finish up too large to contemplate doing in assembler?

Thanks

Roger B

Roger,

I'm evaluating Sourceboost 'c' compiler for some work on a Dallas Microlan 1-Wire project and whereas most other compilers (ccs, MikroElectronica 'c', WIZ-C etc) seem to offer support in libraries etc for 1-Wire read/write's I can find little reference to how this can be accomplished in Sourceboost - is it built in?
Its not built in and its in a library yet :(

I afraid that you will have to write or port the required code. If you do so then please let us know, then we can share it with all BoostC users.

Regards

Dave

Hello Roger,

what I mean with the 'bit banging' is that the code library does not use a hardware unit in the PIC.

The required waveform is generated in software. This is normal, as the PIC16F87X-series have no built-in funtionality to deal with one wire devices.

The fact that the interface is emulated in software gives you the flexibility to use whatever IO you have available on your PIC to connect the one-wire devices to (hence the 'any pin' part of the statement).

Kind regards,

Lieven.