Sourceboost And Netware Servers

Hi there,

I have some Problems storing SourceBoost-Project-Files on a NetWare-Share. The Project-File is created empty (0 Bytes) and remains empty. Of course you can't add Source-Files or Compile (get the great "FATAL: Rules must be after target"-Error).

This only happens when the Project is stored on a NetWare-Server and using the original (current) NetWare-Client on the Workstation. This happens with Win2k and WinXP, with a mapped drive or via UNC-Path and with SourceBoost 6.32 and 5.97.

The Project-File is properly stored when accessing the NetWare-Server via the Microsoft NetWare-Client or using any Windows-Share.

Actually I modify the Project-Files by hand and since anything else works perfectly (including writing of source-files, building etc.) it's not that urgent for me.

Of course there is sufficient Space on the Drive and I do have enough Rights on that Directory. It's just the Project-File which does not get written.

Any Idea?

Ok, it's working now!

Problem was obviously using WritePrivateProfile-Functions to manipulate the Project-File which caused sharing-violations (Win32-Error 33) with some NetWare-Clients.

Just upgraded to the latest Client from Januar 2006 and it's working now. Obviously they changed little more than documented... :)

Thanks.