Auto Indent Always On In Ide

I'm using version 6.35 and when I tab over and type a line of text:

if(I_dont_want_auto_indent){

Instead of the cursor going to column 1 (like I like) it goes to column 4. This happens no matter what I have the Editor Settings dialog box "Smart Indentation" set to.

trossin,

Instead of the cursor going to column 1 (like I like) it goes to column 4. This happens no matter what I have the Editor Settings dialog box "Smart Indentation" set to.

Try changing tab size to 1.

Regards

Dave

trossin,

Try changing tab size to 1.

Regards

Dave

No that didn't work but I apologize for not doing a preview before submitting my post as I wanted the line indented by 4 spaces. I'll try again. Assume that bbbb is 4 spaces or 1 tab:

bbbbif(I_dont_want_auto_indent){

What I want to know is why when I turn off (leave off) "Smart Indentation" does the insert point after I hit enter show up in column 5 (under the i in if) instead of column 1. In the unix editor vi I would do a :set noai to turn this off.

It seems that "Smart Indentation" is always turned on. Or I do not know what it means. I checked the IDE user manual and there was no data on the subject.