Errors When Linking From Command Line

I use the command line to compile and link my boosc projects.

Compiles are fine, but when linking I get the following popup errors:

'There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR6.'

I can cancel my way through these (about 4 of them), and the program is linked correctly, but its become a major hassle.

I've tested this on the sample project 'I2C_test'. The IDE links without error, but using the command line shown in the IDE I get the error.

I'm currently using 6.35.

BTW This didn't use to happen, I think it started somewhere around 6.30.

Thanks

Scott Wilson

Scott,

Please provide the exact command line that you use, and the path to the SourceBoost installation. Hopefully that will help.

Regards

Dave

Command line is:

C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC>"C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boosttlink.pic.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib" libc.pic18.lib I2C_Test.obj /t PIC18F452 /d "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC" /p i2c_test

Installation directory is the default

c:\Program Files\SourceBoost

I'm with Windows 2000, with the latest service packs/patches.

I get no actual errors on the console, everything there looks fine. Its just the popup error that is the problem.

Scott,

It worked OK for me except for the extra 't':

C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC>"C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boosttlink.pic.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib" libc.pic18.lib I2C_Test.obj /t PIC18F452 /d "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Samples\C\BoostC" /p i2c_test

Is this your problem (I don't think it is, because nothing would be linking)?

Regards

Dave

Scott,

Maybe this helps, the routine for linker is this:

1) Try and open for obj or lib from current directory, using path supplied (can be relative or absolute).

2) If file is a lib, Combine path with /ld path, and try to open file.

Try reducing the command line, don't link in library. Maybe we get another clue.

Also when you build from the command line, do you use exactly the same command line as when link is performed under IDE?

Regards

Dave

Dave,

Did a google search for the error message and it looked like it was related to having removable drives mounted when things were installed, and then looked for later.

I had a bunch of 'drive letters' representing a built in CF card reader. I disabled all of them, and now the problem is gone!

Thanks for looking into it- I had always just assumed it was a boostc problem since it started after an upgrade... windows can be so weird sometimes.

Scott Wilson