I have a problem with IDE ver 6.35. I have only tested it with BoostC but it may happen with other toolsets.

The system used is under Windows 2000.

When you start the IDE and it loads in the previous project worked on, use of the

"File" "Open" menu function will open the selected file but you can not do anything on the file, not even close it. The menu bar stops functioning also.

The work around is to open up a file already in the project by double clicking in the workspace window.

This problem does not occure if under Menu "File" one of the previously used files is selected.

Just a bit of an annoyance if you want to directly work on one of your "include" files and it is no longer in the previously used list.

Jim

I have a problem with IDE ver 6.35.  I have only tested it with BoostC but it may happen with other toolsets.

The system used is under Windows 2000.

When you start the IDE and it loads in the previous project worked on, use of the

"File" "Open" menu function will open the selected file but you can not do anything on the file, not even close it. The menu bar stops functioning also.

The work around is to  open up a file already in the project by double clicking in the workspace window.

This problem does not occure if under Menu "File" one of the previously used files is selected.

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem under Win XP. Do you have access to other than Win 2000 to check if you see same problem there? If anybody else experiences same problem please post to this thread.

Regards,

Pavel

I just installed the package on a portable under XP. The problem does not appear under XP.

The Windows 2000 machine has SP4 installed.

The IDE is the only program on the machine having this problem.

While writing this I have the IDE open. No problem going to the IDE and focus goes to the file in the edit window. Going back to the forum window the the file in the edit window loses focus as normal. Back to the IDE, focus goes back to the file in edit but still no way to do anything in the edit window not even close it. No way in the blocked state to go to the menu or shift focus to the workspace or output frames. While not being able to shift focus to workspace, a file in workspace can still be opened and everything comes back to normal.

The problem is not critical since selecting a file in workspace will get things back to normal. Just a bit of an annoyance.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

I'm now running win2k with SP4 and I can't seem to reproduce the problem.

Everything works just fine for me.

Maybe we need the steps to reproduce the problem a little more clearly defined.

Please also state your PC specification.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

About an hour before seeing your message I did a complete reinstall of SourceBoost.

The problem no longer happens.

I am a bit puzzeled as to why the problem was there. Also seeing another message with the same problem seems to indicate that it was not just on my system.

I am using Windows 2000 ( build appears to be 5.00.2195) SP4 installed on an AMD Athlon XP2400+ with 512 K ram. ( A French version of Windows 2000)

I used Boostc for about a week in the "Free" version before buying the license "Full".

During the Free period I cannot recall seeing the problem but not sure since the size of programs that I was doing did not require checking into a number of other files.

Once registered, my program could grow and would get the occasional freeze but took a few days to actually understand what actions would bring it on. I was working on adapting the Dallas example code for doing a one wire-bus scan to BoostC. I did a pdf to txt of the app note and wanted both the txt and my c code open at the same time.

The problem would occur when I opened the txt file first using OPEN. I took a while for me to catch on to what was happening.

When the problem was present it was simple to reproduce.

1) start the IDE

2) use FILE > OPEN to open a file before opening a file in the project or in the recently used files list.

The file would open but with no possibility to do anything on the edit window,menu bar, or switch to workspace or output. It was by chance that I found clicking on a file in the workspace would open it up and unblock the situation. Even though you could not shift focus to the workspace. This was after many times of terminating the IDE with task manager.

Since the reinstall did make it go away it is solved for the moment but will keep on checking if it comes back.

Regards,

Jim