Bank Switching Problem

I've got a problem I've tracked down to faulty bank switching. Using BoostC 6.80, targeting PIC16F916, compiling under SourceBoost 6.80.

There's one function whose argument (a single char) is being placed at address 0xB6 in Bank 1 of RAM, but one particular caller doesn't set the corresponding STATUS bit, so when a call is made, whatever's in the corresponding byte in Bank 0 at 0x36 gets clobbered.

Other callers to the same function do the required BCF/BSF; so far it just looks like this particular one that doesn't.

I see this behavior using MPLAB SIM, and the same external symptom on the programmed chip.

Is this a known bug, or are there any easy things I can check?

I can probably get permission from the client to send the code privately, but I just wanted to see if there's any other option before I do all that, and get the appropriate e-mail address otherwise.

teejaydub,

Is this a known bug, or are there any easy things I can check?

I can probably get permission from the client to send the code privately, but I just wanted to see if there's any other option before I do all that, and get the appropriate e-mail address otherwise.

Bank switching is fully automatic so there is nothing to check and nothing you can adjust. There are not any currently know issues. One thing to bear in mind is that you should not add you own bankswitching instructions to the code as this will cause problems with the bank switch tracking.

The best chance of getting this fixed (if it is indeed a problem) is to send as simple as project as possible that demonstrates the issue to support@sourceboost.com.

Regards

Dave