During the code development for a new project we encountered something really similar to a bug in long vars division.

I was trying to remove some code from the project to reach a minimal form to be sent to the support email, but now I get the following error from the linker:

success

Internal Error: Overlapping code at address:0x00000005

C:\Programmi\SourceBoost\boostlink.pic.exe /ld C:\Programmi\SourceBoost\lib libc.pic18.lib Main.obj NOVO\novolib_pic18t15e15ts2p.lib /t PIC18F4550 /d "C:\Documents and Settings\Walter.SIFIDIAGNOSTIC\Desktop\Baco Float" /p ASA-Motore -swcs -icd2

Done

What could be the reason of this internal error?

Regards,

Walter

wally,

During the code development for a new project we encountered something really similar to a bug in long vars division.

I was trying to remove some code from the project to reach a minimal form to be sent to the support email, but now I get the following error from the linker:

success

Internal Error: Overlapping code at address:0x00000005

C:\Programmi\SourceBoost\boostlink.pic.exe /ld C:\Programmi\SourceBoost\lib libc.pic18.lib Main.obj NOVO\novolib_pic18t15e15ts2p.lib /t PIC18F4550 /d "C:\Documents and Settings\Walter.SIFIDIAGNOSTIC\Desktop\Baco Float" /p ASA-Motore -swcs -icd2

Done

What could be the reason of this internal error?

This is normally caused by using #pragma DATA and specifying an address that is used for program memory allocation by the linker, or when #pragma DATA is use twice in a program with the same address.

Otherwise you should not expect to see this error unless something has gone wrong with the internal program memory allocation. I hope that helps.

Regards

Dave