Compiler Dumps Core

Hi

I'm using this compiler:

Executing: "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\boostc.pic18.exe" flash.c -O1 -W2 -v -t 18F4523 -I boostc_libs_r1_3\libs

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.87 (for PIC18 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright© 2004-2008 Pavel Baranov

Copyright© 2004-2008 David Hobday

Licensed to Mark Murray under Single user Full License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC18 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited, Non commercial use only

... and it rather too often fails with the error found in the attached file.

Often you can ignore the error and try again with success; sometimes it is repeatable, like this one.

M

post-4199-1214665656_thumb.jpg

What makes you think this error comes from compiler and not from MPLAB? Have you tried to start compiler from command line or compiler this project from SourceBoost IDE just to prove its not MPLAB? Can you send your zipped project to support@sourceboost.com so we can investigate this problem.

Regards,

Pavel

What makes you think this error comes from compiler and not from MPLAB? Have you tried to start compiler from command line or compiler this project from SourceBoost IDE just to prove its not MPLAB? Can you send your zipped project to support@sourceboost.com so we can investigate this problem.

Regards,

Pavel

OK when I get another one that reliably crashes, I'll send it in.

I assume the compiler not MPLAB because the compiling stops abruptly, but the IDE doesn't disappear, so I conclude that a subtask not the main task is doing this.

Regards,

Pavel

OK when I get another one that reliably crashes, I'll send it in.

I assume the compiler not MPLAB because the compiling stops abruptly, but the IDE doesn't disappear, so I conclude that a subtask not the main task is doing this.

Yes it's hard to tell just from the message. Could be any MPLAB or compiler. Anyway please send us the project when you have such crash again. If that's the compiler we definitely want to fix this issue.

Regards,

Pavel