Goodies.exe And Vista

Hi,

I have already posted this on the Novo forum but I believe that it might be better here as a bug.

For my own convenience I am simply trying to move my Pro licensed, BoostC installation, V6.91, currently running on an XP Pro desktop, to an HP laptop running Vista.

I know that Windows Vista is not on the recommended platform list for BoostC but it does seem to run perfectly well, although I haven't tried

plug-ins as I don't normally use them. The problem I do have is in extracting the source files for Novo and other library functions.

I have my key for goodies.exe and it registers successfully. When I run goodies.exe it gives an appropriate 'files successfully copied' message but the source files do not appear in either the Novo or libc directories as they do on the on the XP Pro machine. I am not sure if there are any other files that should also be extracted by goodies.exe.

Is this a SourceBoost incompatibility with Vista, a hardware issue or just me being stupid?

Anyone got goodies.exe working correctly on Vista?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

davidb

...Is this a SourceBoost incompatibility with Vista, a hardware issue or just me being stupid?

Anyone got goodies.exe working correctly on Vista?...

Goodies were designed to work under Vista. I just tried them on a Vista computer and they did register and unpacked without any problems.

Remember you need to register them using either preg or command line argument 'registre' and after a successful registration run goodies again. They will unpack on this second run.

Regards,

Pavel

...Is this a SourceBoost incompatibility with Vista, a hardware issue or just me being stupid?

Anyone got goodies.exe working correctly on Vista?...

Goodies were designed to work under Vista. I just tried them on a Vista computer and they did register and unpacked without any problems.

Remember you need to register them using either preg or command line argument 'registre' and after a successful registration run goodies again. They will unpack on this second run.

Regards,

Pavel

Pavel,

Thanks thats all I wanted to know.

I did register goodies correctly and the program apparently runs successfully it's just that the source files aren't copied.

I now need to delve into Vista to find out why it is not copying!

Thanks again.

Regards

Davidb

...I did register goodies correctly and the program apparently runs successfully it's just that the source files aren't copied...

Did you run goodies second time after it was registered? When goodies is run to register no files get unpacked. You need to run goodies after registration to get everything unpacked.

Regards,

Pavel

...I did register goodies correctly and the program apparently runs successfully it's just that the source files aren't copied...

Did you run goodies second time after it was registered? When goodies is run to register no files get unpacked. You need to run goodies after registration to get everything unpacked.

Regards,

Pavel

Pavel,

Yes, I ran goodies.exe several times without success and then remembered that with Vista you either have to be specifically logged in with administrator privilages or use 'run as administrator' for many programs to work.

Problem solved.

Many thanks

Davidb