I am probably overlooking an obvious setting here as the BoostC compiler & linker were working on my project but now the linker does not find obj files.

I have a main folder ..\MyNovo and two sub folders ..\myNovo\tflib and ..\myNovo\mxlib each with source code, the compiler saves the obj files to the sub folders.

I started getting linker errors saying xxx.obj file could not be opened

I solved this by manually moving obj files from the sub folders to the main folder and then linking.

This worked but as the compiler and linker have worked for months without this error something seems to have got broken.

Another problem is Build seems to re compile all source code files regardless of any changes - i.e. make is not being very intelligent.

Again something seems to have broken as this behaviour only started tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

TFcroft4,

I am probably overlooking an obvious setting here as the BoostC compiler & linker were working on my project but now the linker does not find obj files.

I have a main folder ..\MyNovo and two sub folders ..\myNovo\tflib and ..\myNovo\mxlib each with source code, the compiler saves the obj files to the sub folders.

I solved this by manually moving obj files from the sub folders to the main folder and then linking.

This worked but as the compiler and linker have worked for months without this error something seems to have got broken.

Another problem is Build seems to re compile all source code files regardless of any changes - i.e. make is not being very intelligent.

If you are using V6.92 then this was indeed a problem that was introduced. This issue is resolved in V6.93.

Regards

Dave

TFcroft4,

If you are using V6.92 then this was indeed a problem that was introduced. This issue is resolved in V6.93.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the update - every little helps

TF