Getting Mp Lab 8.36.00 Working

I am trying to setup and get MPLAB working with BoostC using the manual instructions and get the error message when I try to build

Source Boost Message

Compiler executable was renamed from boost.pic16.exe to boostc.pic16.exe.

If you see this dialog this means that you still try to use the old compiler name.

? !

Thanks

Hi Rye,

You may have to point MPLAB at different executable names like:

boostc_pic16.exe and boostlink_pic.exe

You may have to rebuild the project file as well.

The names were changed a while ago, something to do with being falsely accused of containg a virus.

Cheers

Reynard

Thanks Reynard, that what the problem was. My version of the manual (which I thought was current) still has the old file names. It looks like the compiler tried to correct itself since the Link name was changed, but the compile name was still the old one.

I'm up and running and getting ready to fire up a PIC Kit 3 after using my beloved Wisp628 and the really nice SourceBoost IDE for years. I am hoping that the debugging capabilities of MPLAB will be helpful now that I am getting better with the PICs. I feel like a traitor leaving the SB IDE, but I am still a strong supporter of the Compiler -- plenty of bang for the buck and very user friendly for the newbies.

Regards

Rye

Thanks Reynard, that what the problem was. My version of the manual (which I thought was current) still has the old file names. It looks like the compiler tried to correct itself since the Link name was changed, but the compile name was still the old one.

I'm up and running and getting ready to fire up a PIC Kit 3 after using my beloved Wisp628 and the really nice SourceBoost IDE for years. I am hoping that the debugging capabilities of MPLAB will be helpful now that I am getting better with the PICs. I feel like a traitor leaving the SB IDE, but I am still a strong supporter of the Compiler -- plenty of bang for the buck and very user friendly for the newbies.

Regards

Rye

Hi Rye. MPLAB gave me problems with being able to watch variables in that it does not list them for watching, and is a known problem. Seems you have to copy the asm source to MPLAB local directory in some cases.

Kind regards,

Al.