Warning About Code Called From 2 Threads

This isn't *just* about delay_us, that's just meant as an example.

I get this warning when i compile my program :-

Serious Warning: Possible sw stack corruption, function 'delay_us' called by more than one asynchronous thread (main/Task, interrupt, interrupt low)

I understand that functions are not reentrant using sourceboost c.

In this case though I know that the function will only be called during initialisation from the main program, and once interrupts are enabled will never be called except from the interrupt handler.

Can I confirm that this is safe to do? (Even if there is a risk that I'll forget and call it from the main program too)

Is there any way to supress the message. I understand it's a valid warning but once I've understood that and made sure that my code will not call it at the same time from two threads it's just clutter that might make me miss other warnings.

Serious Warning: Possible sw stack corruption, function 'delay_us' called by more than one asynchronous thread (main/Task, interrupt, interrupt low)

I understand that functions are not reentrant using sourceboost c.

In this case though I know that the function will only be called during initialisation from the main program, and once interrupts are enabled will never be called except from the interrupt handler.

Can I confirm that this is safe to do? (Even if there is a risk that I'll forget and call it from the main program too)

Yes this will be safe as long as the routine is not called from both threads at the same time. Disabling interrupts before calling and enabling after calling the routine in the main execution thread would make this safe.

Is there any way to supress the message. I understand it's a valid warning but once I've understood that and made sure that my code will not call it at the same time from two threads it's just clutter that might make me miss other warnings.
No this message can't currently be disabled, but I appreaciate that you don't want to be looking for one real warning in a sea of normally occuring ones.

Regards

Dave

Ok thanks, good news for me that it's safe anyway.

Can I add a feature request for a way to disable the warning on a function by function basis (I wouldn't want to supress the message for unexpected misuses).

It would be handy if you could put a #pragma before a function with two options

1) Disable the warning for calling that function

2) "Clone" the function for each thread it is called from.

Low priority but would be a handy enhancement.