Hi,

I am very new to this compiler and I hear a lot of good things on this compiler therefore I migrate all my code from CSS and Hi Tech.

Now, I found very little documents describing the debug process using ICD3 or other Microchip debugger tools.

Can anyone give me some advices on what kind of debugger tools I should be using and is MPLAB is the best place to debug my code?

I am using the SBoostC compiler v7.03

Thank you in advance!!!!

yong,

I am very new to this compiler and I hear a lot of good things on this compiler therefore I migrate all my code from CSS and Hi Tech.

Now, I found very little documents describing the debug process using ICD3 or other Microchip debugger tools.

Can anyone give me some advices on what kind of debugger tools I should be using and is MPLAB is the best place to debug my code?

I am using the SBoostC compiler v7.03

To use ICD3 you need to add this to one of your source code files:

#include <icd3.h>

This will ensure that the memory locations needed by ICD3 are reserved.

You may also need to preserve some rom for use with ICD3, when you compile the code that include icd3.h you will see displayed in the output window what ROM needs to be preserved. The debug executive lives in high memory, so the linker command line -rt needs to use to ensure the high memory space is not used.

If you want to debug using ICD3 then this has to be done from within MPLAB.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Dave